BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday everyone new member here I recently purchased a 2008 M5, what magnificent cars we own.

I have a question regarding the front air conditioned seats. I am wondering if mine are working 100%... and would like to hear from others as to how effective you feel your seat cooling is from time to time. I will explain what I have been doing and if I'm doing something wrong maybe you guys can tip me the correct way to get it to work?

Ok what I have been doing is pressing the seat cooling button and clicking it again until the 3 blue bars light up on the idrive screen under the fan. I then set the split bum/back at 50/50. After that I do nothing, I just wait for it to kick in automatically. Sometimes the cooling kicks in immediately and has a noticable effect in the seat, whilst other times it doesn't seem to really do much at all.

I'm wondering if I should be pressing something after i set the cooling at 3 blue bars and the split at 50/50? Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to set the degree of 'coolness' somewhere else, possibly in the idrive or on the climate control panel? Or is the seat cooling just like that, occasionally stronger than on other occasions and no real reason for the difference?

Any opinions will be appreciated.

(And looking forward to being involved in this great M5 community!)

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Gday everyone new member here I recently purchased a 2008 M5, what magnificent cars we own.

I have a question regarding the front air conditioned seats. I am wondering if mine are working 100%... and would like to hear from others as to how effective you feel your seat cooling is from time to time. I will explain what I have been doing and if I'm doing something wrong maybe you guys can tip me the correct way to get it to work?

Ok what I have been doing is pressing the seat cooling button and clicking it again until the 3 blue bars light up on the idrive screen under the fan. I then set the split bum/back at 50/50. After that I do nothing, I just wait for it to kick in automatically. Sometimes the cooling kicks in immediately and has a noticable effect in the seat, whilst other times it doesn't seem to really do much at all.

I'm wondering if I should be pressing something after i set the cooling at 3 blue bars and the split at 50/50? Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to set the degree of 'coolness' somewhere else, possibly in the idrive or on the climate control panel? Or is the seat cooling just like that, occasionally stronger than on other occasions and no real reason for the difference?

Any opinions will be appreciated.

(And looking forward to being involved in this great M5 community!)
Hi Welcome to the community!

What you have explained is pretty normal. The seat cooling in these cars is not very consistent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Also,a lot of people perceive them to be air conditioned seat but they are ventilate seats and only blow ambient air with the fan. You will not get air conditioned seats like you would think unfortunately.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Gjc is 100% correct...the seats only blow air....warm air, cold air, any air that's in the cabin ONLY...

As I found if your seat blowers are on, BE CAREFUL you don't pass gas if you have passengers in the car..lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice post Unfoundhorsepower!!! Where in MA are you located and do you do a lot of events--track stuff? I'm interested if you have and are local. Thanks. PM me if you have any info on track stuff in the area.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts