BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Eastern Europe ! I found this forum on the Internet and now I'm glad to meet you and talk about our beasts.:)

Here are my love:
M5 E39/2001 year.

The car is absoluttely full options ,plus 19" Cargraphic Wheels ,AC Schnitzer Rear Diffuser ,AC Schnitzer Exhaust ,AC Schnitzer electronically adjustable suspension ,double glasses...

The engine is brand new,bought 5 month ago and now has just 13000 miles .

The color of the car was blue mettalic but I changed it with that white pearl color.

Hope you will like it and sorry for my english,I missed some school lessons.:)

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
The pearl is gorgeous... what a beauty!!! I wonder how many other beasts are roaming around Romania??

Welcome aboard!!! :cheers:

Cheers,

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Welcome & Congrats on a fine looking Beast. :cheers:

White really suits the M5 IMO, also very rare & those Cargraphic Wheels are one of the sexiest wheels you can don your Beast with. lovelove

I'll have to look out for you next time i'm in Romania, as I generally visit once or twice a year on business.

C.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Welcome aboard!

The Beast looks great, I guess you weren't a big fan of Blue (was it Le Mans or Avus Blue?). Nice color combo with the caramel interior, surely one of the sharpest Beasts in that part of the world.
I am sure there are fellow Romanian mates you can find on this board, I recall boardmember 'lucian' writing a post which included some pics of his experience picking up a new E60 Beast in Germany and his trip back to Bucharest. No doubt you guys will run into eachother on the highways, after all, there are only so many vehicles in Romania able to challenge the sound speed barrier hiha

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Ah!

My favourite M5 color!

Lucky you!

In Finland there is not a lot of white cars, you loose them under snow during winter:) Lots of black ones...;)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Welcome to the Board. Your car looks FANTASTIC!!:15: . The paint job in white came out really good. I also like your pictures with the nice surface you parked on and the great background! (And your English is just fine!!)

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Beautiful Beast, Welcome Aboard :cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thank very much for your appreciations,guys!It seems I didn't spend time and money with this car for nothing :).I really appreciate your words because I know you are qualified critics of that kind of cars.

for davem3smg<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_596211", true); </SCRIPT> :It wasn't so easy,I waited one month for the car to be painted ,they dismembered the car in many parts and painted every part itself .That costed me around $3000.

for wilsodh :thank you,Romania is not a rich country but there are a lot of beast(but no one like my beast:) ),we have already the new M5 and M6 on the streets and a lot of other power cars,specialy in Bucharest.You can see so many BMWs there and also many SL,S,CL,CLS-55-AMG.,masserati,porsche,the new Mustang ,and even lamborghini and ferrari.:)

for Gustav :You are right,there is The House Of Nation ,builded by Ceausescu ,it is the second biggest building in the world,but in picture is a very very small part of it.:)

for cableguy: Great news,give a sign when you come in Romania,I will be a good guide. :)

for cosioboy :the original color was this

....and you are right,now I think I have the most beautiful M5 E39 in Romania and this part of the world,and I didn't say it ,this is what I hear from other people:).Regarding runing on the highways ,this is a big problem here,to to that we have to go in West Europe because in Romania we have just 100 miles of highways :))....don't laugh ,this is the truth.

for baldy_bonce :I believe you and I think that color is hard to see in many country.I chossed this color because it is an unusual color for a beast and the most important reason was a picture from beastpower.com,where I saw the Cargraphic wheels :

After I saw the picture ,I bought the wheels and then I painted the car.

For bayerischemotor<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_596316", true); </SCRIPT> :In Finland this color is good if you want to rob a bank and then get lost :)) .

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Philip said:
Nice color. What was the reason for the new engine?
It is a long and sad story....briefly,I bought the car for Germany with aprox 70.000 miles on bord and after aprox 10.000 miles one of the pistons has broken (I don't know how to say in English).The broken piston affected the engine block and also the breech and the only way to resolve this was a brand new engine.
There was a manufactury problem and I hoped that the bmw dealer from Romania will change the engine for free by extended warranty but they came with a stupid explication,after that there was a small war between me and they but I lost that war and I was forced to buy a brand new engine for I paid around $22.000.

The only good thing is that now I have 2 year warranty for the new engine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stickman said:
Welcome to the Board. Your car looks FANTASTIC!!:15: . The paint job in white came out really good. I also like your pictures with the nice surface you parked on and the great background! (And your English is just fine!!)

I have other many pictures in that location but they are saved on other computer and it is broken right now.
In the next month I hope to have time and make a website with pictures and videos ,I arranged with a guy who makes small video-advertisings,it will cost me at least $1000 but I hope it will be worth :).

·
Registered
767 Posts
The Drunk Monkey said:
It is a long and sad story....briefly,I bought the car for Germany with aprox 70.000 miles on bord and after aprox 10.000 miles one of the pistons has broken (I don't know how to say in English).The broken piston affected the engine block and also the breech and the only way to resolve this was a brand new engine.
There was a manufactury problem and I hoped that the bmw dealer from Romania will change the engine for free by post-warranty(i don't know exactly to say in english) but they came with a stupid explication,after that there was a small war between me and they but I lost that war and I was forced to buy a brand new engine for I paid around $22.000.

The only good thing is that now I have 2 year warranty for the new engine.
This is sad to hear. can you please tell me more about this "manufactury problem"? It might be similar to another posting of a piston/rod breakdown. What's the build date of the orriginal motor?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Philip said:
This is sad to hear. can you please tell me more about this "manufactury problem"? It might be similar to another posting of a piston/rod breakdown. What's the build date of the orriginal motor?
Unfortunately I think my english is not so good to be enough explicit :).
I will try but excuse my language...so the piston was breakdown and there was small parts(10% of the entire piston) of it who affected the engine block and also the breech.I don't have an explication of this breakdown,specialy that this happend when I run with 10 or 20 mile/hour ,so the engine wasn't forced when this happend.They said that is a manufactury problem.The original engine was build in 2001 year ,5th or 6th month.

Here is a picture with the damaged piston.

·
Registered
767 Posts
The Drunk Monkey said:
Unfortunately I think my english is not so good to be enough explicit :).
I will try but excuse my language...so the piston was breakdown and there was small parts(10% of the entire piston) of it who affected the engine block and also the breech.I don't have an explication of this breakdown,specialy that this happend when I run with 10 or 20 mile/hour ,so the engine wasn't forced when this happend.They said that is a manufactury problem.The original engine was build in 2001 year ,5th or 6th month.
About the time time that this guy's car was built and had a problem: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52092&highlight=engine+piston

1 - 20 of 33 Posts