BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. I’m new to the forum and thought I’d say hello. Im originally from New York but have called Cali home the last 6yrs.

In my honest opinion, the e39 is one f the best cars built in the golden age of performance sedans. Back east, I still have my 2000 e39 540i with a 6MT parked in the garage. She was my daily driver when I lived there for over 10yrs. Even with 223k miles on the clock, she still fired up faithfully when needed.

When I first moved to Cali I had a 2013 F10 M5 with the DCT. That car was a weighty rocket! I could go from 0-150mph in no time at all. Don’t get me wrong, it was a fast car but there were a couple issues for me... All the gimicky driving sensors and numb steering. I couldn’t tell anything about the road conditions bestowed what the sensors told me. It made me feel isolated when driving. Not the driving experience I was looking for.

So in 2016, I decided to sell her and began my search for an e39 M5. After 6+ mos of searching, I finally found my unicorn. A 2003 black/black with aluminum trim and Napa leather and 30k on the clock. Haven’t looked back since. Best decision I could’ve made. But you guys are fans as well. I. D.o.n.t have to say anymore than that.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts