BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys (and gals), I just registered. I have been lurking for a while. I don't have an M5, but I do have an E39 530i. This forum has been a great source of information for some stuff I want to do with my car. I still have a couple of questions, so I'll shoot them off:

I want to run wider than stock wheels and tires on my car, balanced front/rear. Current size is 17x8"wheels, 235 wide tires. I was hoping to run 265 wide tires on either M5 rear wheels (18x9.5"), or on M-Parallel rear wheels (18x9"). I like the look of the M5 wheels more, and was wondering if they would fit on a stock 530i. I can afford the rear fender liners if neccessary, so no biggie there. My main concern is the front clearance. Does anyone know if it is any different from the M5's? If not, then I would assume that the M5 rears with a 3mm spacer would work for the front, and no spacers for the rear. I found the wheels for $1014 new for 4 rears (+shipping), and that seems to be a fair price.

The one other question I had is this: Does anyone know where to find OEM BMW wheel weights (not the balancing kind :) )? I was hoping to go lighter than what I currenly have (Style 42 II Composites), which weigh in at about 26lb a corner + tires.

TIA for the advice/assitance, and I look forward to talking to all you guys. I am also CobaltFire on BimmerForums, so look for me in the 5 series forums over there as well. Thanks again!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Aloha CobaltFire! Welcome to the M5Board.

I can't answer your questions, but did want to welcome you.
Best Wishes,
Alfred

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome!

I would call your local parts department. Bet they could tell you the wieghts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome guys. I guess noone here would know about the 530i, huh? Ah well, I'll go ahead and risk it. One other thing that I was curious about: Did the M5 come with upsized brakes from the 530i/540i? I would assume so, but I've never seen it posted anywhere. Just a curiousity question, I'm not really interested in putting on M5 brakes (if they are different) unless I come across a really good deal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts