BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's my first post on this board! I have been lurking for some time and just wanted to say thanks to all you guys. There is just so much information available on this site and you guys seem to know so much about BMW and the M5.

I have just come back from my local BMW dealer, having paid a £1000 deposit towards an M5. I am 10th in line and my dealer reckons they may get an allocation of 12 or 13 cars a year, so maybe I'll get my car in Summer 2005!! Now I've just got to make sure I can find the cash!!!!

Thanks again, guys!!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Welcome aboard :byee55amg

By the way, which dealer is this? I think 12+ cars is pretty optimistic for the first year; I've heard 3 per dealer for each of the first two years :sad1:

Hope you get your car soon & hope to see you at one of our meets.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers, Ashok and Gustav!

I went to Cooper Thames Ditton (near Kingston Upon Thames). Yesterday they told me they might get allocated 8. Today, a different guy told me it should be nearer 12 or 13 because they are one of the biggest dealers in London.

I went to MPH04 at Earls Court yesterday because the show website had said there would be an M5 and a New York police M5 on display. I paid the £15, went in, spent an hour looking for the M5s, couldn't find them, spoke to the organisers who told me that the people responsible for that exhibition had pulled out! Was I annoyed!!!

Anyway, whilst at the show I spoke to H.R.Owen Chelsea BMW. They told me that they thought they would be allocated 8. Currently they have a waiting list of 10.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ashok Arora said:
I've heard 3 per dealer for each of the first two years :sad1:
I was quite surpised when the dealer told me 12/13. Maybe they said it to get me to sign away the deposit, but the sales guy seemed genuine. I think he believed what he was saying, so maybe he is just ill-informed. I think I will assume I won't be seeing the car in 2005, and then if I do it will be a result. Unfortunately, I don't think I will have it in time for your trip to Monaco. :sad1:

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome to the board :cheers:

Pud said:
I went to Cooper Thames Ditton (near Kingston Upon Thames). Yesterday they told me they might get allocated 8. Today, a different guy told me it should be nearer 12 or 13 because they are one of the biggest dealers in London.
If I remember correctly they are owned by Inchcape, think the group was bought after I left Inchcape.

Inchcape are a massive car retail business and used to do all of the PDI and delivery for BMW many moons ago. So they could well have a large quota and you might be very lucky:)

I think the figure of cars was arrived through the fact that 450 cars were allocated to the UK first year production, devided by 150 dealers gives you the 3 cars per dealer.

Hope this helps
Sacha...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts