BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been considering getting an m6 convertible either 2007 or 2008 in sapphire black and I have no clue how much maintenance this vehicle requires and how much it costs. I just want to know how much routine maintenance costs and if anyone here has had any issues with the car that made their pockets get a lot lighter! Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Maintenance has not been much of an issue for most, unless you consider gasoline to be maintenance. Ajax recommends you also purchase a chain of Chevron or Shell stations. But it's worth every penny and then some!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Agree with AJAX, gas is the biggest cost. Figure for MY 07 or 08, MPGs listed by most members is between 9 and 11. Cost of premium gas in your area and you can do the math on how many miles you plan to drive. Another expense is tires and that depends on the brand you purchase. Rear Michelin PS2s are around $450 and good for about 15k miles (depending on how hard you drive car maybe less) again you can do the math. Oil depends on your preference as well. From there you have to decide if you are going to do any modifications and those costs.

Honestly the car is so fun to drive its worth every penny I spend.
Ken

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool...Thanks guys i'm getting the car on my birthday so I will post pics...Just a few months away May 20th...Just bought the house and sold my 09 Hayabusa so it's time for a toy! M6 it is!

·
Registered
370 Posts
I can honestly tell you that driving this car is comparable to driving my GSXR-1000. You're gonna love it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
For me-I allocate the cost of the car to my Starbucks account. Before the M6 the cost of my Vente Coffee was 2.4 plus tip plus the cost to operate my other car to get there and back. So all in it was perhaps 3.80 per cup.
The Starbucks is 12 miles round trip.
Now the same cup of coffee costs me 5.50. At the end of the day I think Starbucks charges too much anyway.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Once you put your right foot down, it doesn't matter! :1:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
For me-I allocate the cost of the car to my Starbucks account. Before the M6 the cost of my Vente Coffee was 2.4 plus tip plus the cost to operate my other car to get there and back. So all in it was perhaps 3.80 per cup.
The Starbucks is 12 miles round trip.
Now the same cup of coffee costs me 5.50. At the end of the day I think Starbucks charges too much anyway.
That's a perfect analogy. Ajax will adopt same cost center allocation.

·
8,369 Posts
My beast has been 100% reliable since I got it 2 years ago now.

I had one Limp Home Mode issue when I first got it.
Took it to the $tealer. They downloaded latest and greatest ECU software and my beast has been running perfectly since then.

Like everyone said - my biggest expense is gas, upgrades and mods.
With the smile my beast puts on my face everytime I drive it - I consider it all money well spent.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts