BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy Hella Euro Headlights. Any one knows of a good vendor other than ebay or beastpower.

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
624 Posts
JLeviSW

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
624 Posts
They used to sell OE Euro Hellas - not sure if they still do or not. Cal can chime in.

Those are Depo aftermarket. I am looking for OEM Euro style.

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You only want the clear lenses for your headlight?

Or any other reason to buy the euro headlights?

Ilike the Dj auto headlights and thought about what you mentioned, but dont like the fact that it says DJ auto on the lens. Does not look to good. at least this is my opinion.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
i ordered a pair from ddm tuning for 400$. I hope im not gonna have any trouble putting them in, like having to splice the wires in order for the turn signal to work. I got the clear euro ones.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I had a set at one point. Got them used. Never really thought of it as anything other than just status symbol (they're like $1500 new). Aside for the clear corners, it has no advantage over the US OEMs (as fasr as I know)....Just wanted to share....

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
£630 circa $1000 in the UK from www.Motormec.co.uk for genuine Hella Euro Xenon Angel Eye Headlights

If they dont send to the US, let me know and I will sort it for you !

Reactions: Silent and Clemster

·
Registered
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
£630 circa $1000 in the UK from www.Motormec.co.uk for genuine Hella Euro Xenon Angel Eye Headlights

If they dont send to the US, let me know and I will sort it for you !
There is also this seller on ebay who says they are Genuine BMW made in Gernany but will ship from Korea. sounds weird..

How long will it take to receive from UK to US?

Reactions: chasm

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
How long will it take to receive from UK to US?
I received my ones the day after ordering I think. Getting from the UK to the US....how fast do you want to go ? I assure you it will get from my place to the courier very quickly ! :noSMG:

They are the real deal 100%. My main parts supplier tried his best and his best price was $1650 and my BMW dealer price with my discount was about $2200 or so. So three prices for the same item.....

·
Registered
113 Posts
It looks like the Hellas that they sell on the UK site (motormec.co.uk) are for pre-sept. 2000 E39s. Will they work for models after that production date?

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
The Depos or DJ Auto are an okay option but aftermarket is not going to be as good as OEM. I believe you can retrofit the FX-R or S2K projectors into the DJ Autos and this will yield significantly better light output...even better than OEM with a clean cutoff...then again you'll be spending the same amount as a good used pair of Hellas.

OEM Hellas are the way to go for fit/finish and build quality but the projector itself is still 10+ year old technology...

I suggest finding a good used set of Hellas. There's a reason I didn't opt for the Depos myself you know ;)

Best of both worlds would be to get Euro Hellas and retrofit FX-R projectors into them, if you want the ultimate lighting package (throw a pair of WL LED V2 AE units for good measure). :D

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
It looks like the Hellas that they sell on the UK site (motormec.co.uk) are for pre-sept. 2000 E39s. Will they work for models after that production date?
They supply the Hella wiring loom that lets a pre facelift car use the facelift lights. It all comes in the Hella Box. It is fine for pre and post facelift M5s. FACT !

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Bumping this one to the top. I need OEM Euro Headlights. Where can I find these now?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Umnitza

1 - 20 of 23 Posts