BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are interested in the original Hella Euro Clear headlights with OE part numbers, etc, but always thought they were too expensive, this will be the deal for you.
Recently Hella began manufacturing these lights per order vs keeping stock. We're looking to get between 20-30 people to pre-order (group buy) the headlights found here:

https://www.umnitza.com/hella-oe-xenon-e39-projectors-with-celis-technology.html

We are going to offer this product at 2006 pricing, $899 shipped to anywhere in the 50 states, $950 shipped to Canada.
the $899 shipped will include:
  • 2 X Headlights - Original Hella OE Xenon - EURO STYLE, with auto-leveling
  • 2 X D2S Philips or Osram OE bulbs - 4300K
  • 1 X Pair of ICE LITE for angel eyes upgrade

Optional, we will be offering a Canbus ballast with D2S adapters for $80 more for the order so you will have a complete ready to install product.

Finally, depending on demand, we may be able to ask Hella to leave the units unsealed - this will of course allow us to add our EVO-X projectors, Orion V2/V4 rings, if you are interested, please put your name down on the list and note if you would like the OE style or unsealed style.

https://www.umnitza.com/hella-oe-xenon-e39-projectors-with-celis-technology.html

·
Registered
342 Posts
saedrin - OE style

·
Registered
160 Posts
Is the EVO-X is the latest and greatest projector? How much would that add to the set along with the rings and without the rings? Would the stock bulb fit on those projectors?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
saedrin - OE style
Is the EVO-X is the latest and greatest projector? How much would that add to the set along with the rings and without the rings? Would the stock bulb fit on those projectors?

Thank you!
there are about 3 versions of the EVO-X in current production in China.

We're using revision 3 right now, but there is talk of fixing a little glitch in it at the outer spectrum for revision 4. It's a minutiae that only a few people would care about but it's possible it will be ready in time by end of next month.

The projector would add $155 to the total (install included), stock D2S bulbs will fit, and orion V2 ($140 installed) or Orion V4 ($260 installed) will be optional.
M5quest, would you like to add your name to the list?

0. umnitza
1. bimmergeek - bimmerfest - unsealed
2. saedrin - m5board - sealed

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UserX - Sealed.

Dependent on ETA. What is the timeframe for shipment?
0. umnitza
1. bimmergeek - bimmerfest - unsealed
2. saedrin - m5board - sealed
3. derrick - online - pre-ordered already
4. userx - m5board - sealed

Update:

We will be able to give you this price by March 1st, shipping will commence from the factory on March 3rd.
Delivery end of March.

NOTE: IMMEDIATE FIRST BATCH OF 20 will have to be sealed only.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have a question...for the unsealed version with the upgrades...if I purchase these do they come ready to install plug and play? Or would I have to do all the retrofit work myself?
I'm not up to date with the retrofits and what's best but I might be interested for April when car is out of storage

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I still have my OE headlights on my '03, but have thought about changing to the euro clear units. I think the lighting is pretty decent in the factory assemblies. Can you explain, or point me something that explains the differences between the various offerings you have, how they differ from what I have as well as from an OE European unit?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
I still have my OE headlights on my '03, but have thought about changing to the euro clear units. I think the lighting is pretty decent in the factory assemblies. Can you explain, or point me something that explains the differences between the various offerings you have, how they differ from what I have as well as from an OE European unit?

Thanks much!

·
Registered
30 Posts
interested
agrewal - m5board - unsealed
Would i be able to get just the lights unsealed i have projectors etc that i would like to put into em myself....

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi - another U.K. price query here as well please - Germany to U.K. would be ideal and minimise shipping tax!

I'd like sealed unit and will swap my drivers onto it.

Simon

·
Registered
68 Posts
Put me down for a sealed set please.

I have a 2000 M5 with Xenon but the lenses are cracked. Will these just plug and play or do I need any additional items to add or switch over from the old units?

Thanks
Peter

1 - 20 of 158 Posts