BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who makes aftermarket pedals for the M5. I am looking for something that will allow for easier heel and toe down shifting. Also who are the big aftermarket providers for BMW.

Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I research pedals a few months ago. The only ones available were bolt-ons that fit over the existing pedals. Their mechanical integrity was not adequate for me in aggressive driving. I found a seat position that allows me to heel and toe fairly well if I wear wide athletic shoes.

·
Registered
18 Posts
A while ago in a magazine, I saw "BMP Design" had aluminum pedals for BMW manual cars. With this kit, you can buy their optional heel-toe extension plate which is bolt on to their gas pedal.
At one time I was really interested, but decided not to bother. Now I wear a little bit wider shoes and roll my foot with no problem.

By the way, don't you guys think that the gap between 2nd and 3rd gear ratio is a little bit wide? Had to blip tad more.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Not sure how well it'd work in an M5, but it's worked very well in two of my other cars:

• One piece of Lexan plastic, 1/8" thick by approx 3.5 x 5 inches or as appropriate.
  • One piece 3M stick-on stair tread tape.
  • Two or three 10-32 x 3/4 (or as appropriate) flathead machine screws and nylon-insert locknuts.
  • One stick two-part epoxy putty
End result is functional and unobtrusive. Does mean you have to drill holes in your existing gas pedal, though...

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Mark, did you get the red phone to match your Imola interior?

Where did you get the red leather wrap for your steering wheel? It gives you extra grip?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts