BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hopefully just a quickie, heater blower refuses to blow. I checked fuse in glove box and it says heater blower is no; 76 but they only go up to 45 !!!! I also checked in right side of boot and nothing there regarding the heater so I'm puzzled ( but that wouldnt be difficult ) can anyone help........steve

·
Registered
197 Posts
I seem to recall that the fuse is somewhere up behind the glovebox. Like you have to lie on your back in the passenger footwell area to access it.

-S

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Final Stage Resistor - located in the passenger footwell behind the console trim.

And all the heavy duty fuses are typically in the engine bay.

d-

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
fuse 76 is indeed behind the glove box. and its a pain in the *** to reach it . you have to remove the glove box (couple off screws in the sides,couple underneath,iff i recall right) and then you can find it when you lay on your back you can see it all the way up . there are two fuses there . a 40 and a50 amp iff i correct(big ones). and they are really hard to get at iff you got big hands. take it out is no problem but putting it all in place again ...
you cant see ****.
its work for patient people .but i dont think those are for the blower...,,? are you sure its that fuse you need . i thought it was the fuse for the electrick fan in front off the radiator.(aux fan).

i would try the final stage resistor also like doug mentioned.its cheap and fairly easy to install.

good luck with the search.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I've been troubleshooting my blower problem too and just got in from the garage where I took out the Final Stage and checked the fuses. I got the fuses out by first taking off the trim cover under the glove box (just pull forward it will snap out) then fully reclining the passenger seat and laying back. The fuses are oriented so they plug in from the top. I have pretty huge hands and I just accessed the from the left side of where I was laying down and got em out no problem. 40 and 50 just like nerio02 said. The heater blower ended up not working because the fuse was loose, so now I have an extra final stage laying around and a working blower, which is great. Last thing wrong with the car fixed.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone....FSU ordered today

1 - 6 of 6 Posts