BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
You answered your own question bro... i had a teacher in high school who said "you know how their are teachers who say their are no stupid or wrong answers/questions?.. well their DEFINITELY is stupid questions."

·
Registered
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You answered your own question bro... i had a teacher in high school who said "you know how their are teachers who say their are no stupid or wrong answers/questions?.. well their DEFINITELY is stupid questions."

i would say your wrong... because i have heard that non heated steering wheels have softer leather... and also it seems like the HEATED steering wheels are thicker...

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
<2008 cars have a different steering wheel than >2008 cars.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Heated steering wheels are NOT thicker.

·
Registered
637 Posts
It is actually the other way around. The non-heated version is more padded and has softer leather. The heated version is harder probably because if it had the same amount of padding as the non-heated version, it would take longer to heat through the padding acting as an insulator from the heat source below.

Pre-'08 I don't think they offered heated wheel, but even if they did the wheel was harder and a more coarse leather in non-heated version as well. Member ///WALL_ST traded his '06 wheel plus some cash for the '08 wheel from my M5 because of this. I had changed to the Hartge CF wheel, which I will never do again, lol.

Both pre and post-'08 wheels have the ///M stitching.

PERIOD! END OF STORY!! LOL

·
Registered
120 Posts
All I know it, living in Minnesota for a number of years: Heated steering wheel is the greatest option ever!!! It is amazing not more cars offer it, especially in the extreme cold climates. It really is a wonderful option to have and they heat up very, very quickly even when it is -20 F outside.

Now, living in Vegas, the heated steering wheel... not so useful :)

-David

·
Registered
651 Posts
the 2008 model of the M6 has a different steering wheel than the 06/07. thats probably why you think it "looks" different, they used different leather and padding for it. so you will feel virtually no difference. its just a matter of preference. like i said, one gets hot the other one doesnt. simple as that. good luck !

·
Registered
79 Posts
I love this options. In the morning tthe wheel is so cold i can barely touch it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Since you brought up school and teachers. I believe the correct way to state your opine is, their definitely ARE stupid questions. Questions being plural you must use ARE not IS.

Sorry but I had to... :hihi:

·
Registered
651 Posts
Since you brought up school and teachers. I believe the correct way to state your opine is, their definitely ARE stupid questions. Questions being plural you must use ARE not IS.

Sorry but I had to... :hihi:

haha...funny guy..i believe this is an M6 board, not an M3 one. sorry i just had too. :nono:

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
funny thread....

In L.A....heated steering wheel is Useless

1 - 16 of 16 Posts