BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so last night my girlfriend and i pressed each heated seat button and the three lights came on and then 1 second later they turned off???? anyone else have this problem??

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same problem. I just need to bring it in also. It isn't a fuse. I've tried that. Whoever gets it fixed first, post the answer... Good luck.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Just had my M5 in for this problem, the diagnosed as the a drivers seat short, disconnected the seat and replaced the
fuse while waiting for the heating pad.

Went back in on 2001.02.26, sent it to the upholstery shop to have the seat opened up so they could replace the pad
only to find that it was the wrong part, figured out the correct part number for the sport seat, put the seat back
together, just picked it up today 2001.03.01.

So if you have the sport seats make shure the dealer knows that there are three pads (not one), also the part is on back order and the dealer (Allison in Mt. View) had know idea when it might be in.

I used the heated seat a few times on the drive back home from the dealer last year (Edison NJ to Sunyvale CA) then
went use the seat a year later and it was bad.

Brutus http://L1-A.net

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the car goes in at 8am tommorow so we will see........thanks again ,what a great group we have here

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Our seats here in hot tropical south Florida work just fine

------------------
Jim
07/00 M5 Titanium over Red

·
Registered
533 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
I had the same problem with the driver's side seat heater right after buying the car. You'll notice that when the seat heaters are dead, the rear sunshade doesn't work either. The defective driver's side seat heater always blew the fuse when being turned off, as strange as it sounds. I could replace the fuse, turn it on, have the heater warm up, then blow the fuse when being turned off. Had it fixed a week after picking up the car.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I had the same problem that took 3 tries to fix. They first thought it was the driver's lower central pad and replaced it. They blew one day later. Then they thought it was the lateral pads, but they decided to check all the wiring first. After reassembly without the new pads, it has been working fine for 2 months. Latest theory was rubbing of harness somewhere caused the fuse to blow. Not very scientific!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok so my girlfriend took the car in on Thursday 3/8/01 and the dealership said it was a blown fuse which they replaced. They did however mention that certain production date ranges were having seat problems, but wouldnt specify which date ranges. I do remember that both me and my girlfriend had pressed the button at the same time, so i wont do that any more !!!!!!

thanks for all of your posts!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts