BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in here having trouble heal & toe in their 5 series? For me the M3 is way easier to heal & toe but due to the 5 series pedals being so far apart its kinna of pain to get used to. Well, I'm almost there and I hope BMW improves that in the new 5 comming soon
Nik

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Every car I've ever done it in takes a lot of getting used to. The BMW brake pedal travel is too long for my taste, so heel-and-toeing isn't very easy unless you're hard on the brakes (presumably the only time you'd ever want to anyway). But you can certainly adjust to it and do a reasonable job.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I had an E36 M3 before the 5, and I find the pedals much better in the 5. I think they're set up perfectly for heel-toe.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I find the pedals set up fine for heel and toe in the 5ers but I think the problem is the fact that the engine is harder to blip due to the heavier internal components. Those little inline 6s rev right up but my 540 takes a little time to get up there (I am sure the M5 is more responsive then the 540). But you get used to that too. Just keep practicing and you will find it second nature eventually.

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
I agree with TC here.... but I think it might also has to do with the size of one's feet.. the bigger the feet, the easier it is... :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts