BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking at the harness to the factory amp, behind the driver's rear taillight section. Loosened the harness a bit to try and unplug it (got the little circular things to slide a little and the "lock" part to slide out a bit) but it was too cramped back there so I just resecured it. Unplugged the harnesses from the factory subs where they mount in the center of the trunk and was measuring the voltage on those, then plugged them back in. This was all done in preparation to eventually tap those for a LOC and mount a sub/amp in the back.

So everything is plugged in the way it was; the curious part is that now the headunit/nav screen doesn't come on at all. The headlights will bring on the backlighting of the buttons, but neither monitor knob has an LED. I checked all the glove comp. fuses and they're good (although one of them references fuses 56 & 58 and my fusebox only goes up to 40)

Any idea why the headunit would completely die on me? The big harness going to the amp never even came completely unplugged, just slightly unlocked (not even enough for pins to disconnect)

·
Registered
9,967 Posts
Fuses are blown but they are in the trunk on the opposite side to the side you were working on. Behind the right panel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts