BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was led to believe that the HUD is a standard feature for all markets.

Apparently, it's a SKR 13900 option in Sweden:

It shouldn't be optional anywhere - surely it's necessary for M drive mode etc.

Does anyone have more information in this regard?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I think they wanted to keep the price down. Talked to some M5 customers at the Swedish premiere, and they were pissed off about the HUD not being included in the price.

Instead we get adaptive xenons as standard!

But I think the HUD is a genuine part of the M5, so it should be standard!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
I agree, this should be standard.(as with many other options) After spending two days in an M3 with SMG this week, I found myselft continually refering to the SMG read out below the tach. Having this information in a more visable area is critical in my opinion.

·
Registered
213 Posts
AS always with BMW it will be market dependent and some markets are luckier than others (ilike USA's mostly and then UK+Germany). Oh, sorry, in the UK you get wheel on the wrong (the right) side... and there's not option to get it back on the right side ;) UAU, now that's confusing, when are you going to trade street sides, guys?:thumbsup: hiha

(Before you say it's impossible sweden did it in 67, so...)

·
Registered
816 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, HUD came out after after the 5 and 6 the series were launched, so it's a bit of mixed case, depending on what models. When the 645Ci came out here, HUD was advertised as "... planned availability 2nd quarter 2004". By now it should be pretty much standard.

B

·
0 Posts
António Duarte said:
AS always with BMW it will be market dependent and some markets are luckier than others (ilike USA's mostly and then UK+Germany). Oh, sorry, in the UK you get wheel on the wrong (the right) side... and there's not option to get it back on the right side ;) UAU, now that's confusing, when are you going to trade street sides, guys?:thumbsup: hiha

(Before you say it's impossible sweden did it in 67, so...)
Actually, driving/riding on the left is how things started during Roman times, and there are many more cars driving on the left than on the right, if you look at the world as a whole. Why shouldn't Europe and the US convert to the left? Same logic.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered my new M5 a couple of months ago. Last week I received the options pricelist and the HUD is an option for Belgium. Also received the official brochure in Dutch. It contained the exterior and interior colormap.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome to the board bart :byebye:

Since I am getting my car from Belgium, I am concerned about issues like this.

·
Registered
118 Posts
BeastPower said:
Actually, driving/riding on the left is how things started during Roman times, and there are many more cars driving on the left than on the right, if you look at the world as a whole. Why shouldn't Europe and the US convert to the left? Same logic.

Cheers, Daniel.
:confused2

Roughly 3.8 billion people (66%) in 166 countries in the world ride on right side of the road. 1.9 billion (34%) in 73 countries on left.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
The reason we drive on the left hand side goes back to the days when everyone carried swords. You always made sure the approaching person usually on horse back was on your right. This way you could easily defend yourself as most people use their right hands. Back in the dark ages left handed people were considered "abnormal" and still are in the West Country. :haha:

For those countries that drive on the right. Shame on you. Your great, great, great, great grandfathers obviously never challenged anyone to a duel on his way to work. hiha

Anyway back to topic. How we ever got talking about this when the subject is about HUD I'll never know.

I would assume it would be standard in the UK. Otherwise it's just a case of being ripped off if it's a big money option. Most people would want this "toy". But I guess thats marketing for you.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Official Belgian info:

Heads Up Display is optional. Option code is 610. Price is 1360.00 Euros (including tax).

Bit of a rip-off if you ask me - should be standard :sad1:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
B6-523 said:
:confused2

Roughly 3.8 billion people (66%) in 166 countries in the world ride on right side of the road. 1.9 billion (34%) in 73 countries on left.
Didnt realise we had 5.7 Billion cars on the road!! No wonder we are suffering from Global Warming :eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
118 Posts
My my, a wiseguy. I don´t see myself talking about 5.7 bil. cars now do I?

But, I can rephrase it for you.

There lives 3.8 billion people in the 166 countries that have right side traffic, and 1.9 billion in the 73 countries that have left side traffic. So, one MIGHT think that there is quite a bigger number of cars with LHD than RHD.

NOW did you understand? :3:

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
B6-523 said:
My my, a wiseguy. I don´t see myself talking about 5.7 bil. cars now do I?

But, I can rephrase it for you.

There lives 3.8 billion people in the 166 countries that have right side traffic, and 1.9 billion in the 73 countries that have left side traffic. So, one MIGHT think that there is quite a bigger number of cars with LHD than RHD.

NOW did you understand? :3:
Whats happened to the Finnish sense of humour then or has winter started already :confused:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts