BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not very familiar with the new 5 series. What I have noticed is that most have a very rough and generic headliner. Today I saw a 5 series on the showroom floor with an Anthracite Headliner option?

This looked and felt much better than what I had seen on all other non M E60s. Does anyone know if this will come standard with the extended leather?

It's not as plush as the Alcantara granted but we (U.S.) are unable to order it as a stand alone option and I did not want the full leather.

Thanks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I've seen that too! There was a new (06 model maybe?) 5-series on the floor at my dealer and it had an alcantara-like headliner. It's like an anthracite velour-like material and was much better than the normal headliner found in most 5-series cars but like you said, not quite as plush as alcantara.

I too don't want the full leather because it seems like it would demand more upkeep and have less resistance to wear and tear. If the standard non-alcantara M5 headliner is like the one I saw on the 5-series, then I'm sold on it.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
In Europe you can do one of three things:

(1) Standard extended leather does not include alcantara headliner
(2) Pay for optional alcantara headliner but retain extended leather (like I did)
(3) Pay for full leather which includes the alcantara headliner in the package

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I confirmed with BMW today. The extended leather M5 comes with an upgraded Anthrocite cloth headliner and pillars! It's not suede like as with the Alcantara, but it is much nicer than the more course headliner that comes standard on the E60s.

:thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts