BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:I have a 2006 E60 M5... my passenger side low beam is on its way out.. I see 2 options for replacement "D1S & D2S".. which one do i need and how small do my hands need to be to switch them out.:confused:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Mine was a D1S and I have an 06' also. You will have to remove the headlights to replace the low beam xenon bulb. I would recommend these bulbs I have them in my modded lights and they are awesome sauce.

D1S: Osram Xenarc 66144 CBI - HID Bulbs - Components

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Mine was a D1S and I have an 06' also. You will have to remove the headlights to replace the low beam xenon bulb. I would recommend these bulbs I have them in my modded lights and they are awesome sauce.

D1S: Osram Xenarc 66144 CBI - HID Bulbs - Components

das it mane....das guut. I just grabbed a pair from a member. Looking forward to throwing them in.

Much whiter/brighter than stock? Noticeable difference? More high-end/luxury look to them?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
das it mane....das guut. I just grabbed a pair from a member. Looking forward to throwing them in.

Much whiter/brighter than stock? Noticeable difference? More high-end/luxury look to them?

They are nice. Nice and bright while producing crisper whiter light. They need at least 20 hours to break in though. At first you might be disappointed because they will look worse then your factory bulbs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
They are nice. Nice and bright while producing crisper whiter light. They need at least 20 hours to break in though. At first you might be disappointed because they will look worse then your factory bulbs.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
well they are slightly used. Around 10 months...but only weekend driving. So they should be just about broken in I'd think.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

Yep just crisp and white with a tad ting of blue hue, just right imo. They do need a break in as mentioned.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you have to remove the bumper to get the headlight out... I couldn't seem to get them last time I tried..I didn't want to break anything

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
No need to remove the bumper. Headlights come out fairly easy if you know where the screws are.

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts