BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Thanks to Nelson on the forums and Octave Audio (Russ Balazs) from winter park did the headlight retrofit from my 06 to make it look like the 08. I love it only thing left is to get it coded!!!

Before and After Pics- Angel eyes wont work until coding is complete!!!

:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
Looks great Albin, they truly make a HUGE difference!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm truly jealous! looks great.

did you have to buy a retrofit cable or did it plug into the headlight just fine?
Here's the pdf file and whats involve. Need a retrofit harness and a lot of patience.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,211 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Alao, surprised it takes 5+ h from BMW themselves.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
If its your first time, it does take that long or even longer if you dont carefuully follow the instructions. Quite a few things can go wrong.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Why can't someone develop a plug and play for this mod .... :crying:

I got a quote from my dealer and they wanted aprrox. £900 (not taking into account if they hit any issues) and that was for me doing the wiring work and supplying the lights (as I wanted to keep the cost down)!!!

I so want this mod, but I can't justify that sort of cash - if someone can develop a plug and play they will be a very popular person :biggrin:

·
Registered
114 Posts
if you car is 09/06 onwards, then you do not have to change the light module for this retrofit, the light module can be coded Retrofit, but once this is done, there is no turning back!..

·
Registered
328 Posts
Why can't someone develop a plug and play for this mod .... :crying:

I got a quote from my dealer and they wanted aprrox. £900 (not taking into account if they hit any issues) and that was for me doing the wiring work and supplying the lights (as I wanted to keep the cost down)!!!

I so want this mod, but I can't justify that sort of cash - if someone can develop a plug and play they will be a very popular person :biggrin:
It doesnt get any more plu ang play than this, have you notice what the 6 series guys gotta go thru to do their headlight lci retrofit? Check another dealer, 900 pounds is rape!!! Also you might wanna contack a couple of UK members from e60.net that have done this retrofit, they should be able to help you with this retrofit and there's also one member that should be able to code it for you.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Albin it looks great, what a big difference :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts