BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to know if anyone could kindly direct me to a website ( or possibly a physical location although I doubt there are any in Jeddah or Dubai) where I could buy replacement headlights for my car? Know there are Hella's, originals from BMW ( checked will take ages and cost an arm and a leg) and these on amazon http://www.amazon.com/Spare-parts-headlight-left-88-94/dp/B004CYDWXM/ref=sr_1_62?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1409930194&sr=1-62&keywords=e34+headlights.

I'm guessing also good to replace the bulbs at the same time so any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Eero H.

Any other suggestions guys?

Also, the dealership in Dubai was asking me if my headlights are adjustable (MY 1993)? I don't recall them being adjustable...

Appreciate all your help.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Eero H,

Since the car is in Dubai and I'm in Saudi can't go and check unfortunately. Based on my memory of the interior, found a pic that looks like what I have in terms of knobs (kindly find attached).

Thank you again for all your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the right I recall having the buttons for the suspension/ damping (Nurburgring Suspension System) and on the lift a dimmer knob to dim the speedometer gauges, etc...

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot to mention, received the quotation from the garage I deal with who buy parts directly from the BMW Dealer... 763 Euros for the headlights including installation! That seems very high to me...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you so much Eero H!

I really appreciate your help.

So are the headlights I have non-adjustable?

I guess there are two major looks for the headlights, smiley and non-smiley. Which do you prefer and any known difference?

Do you know where I can buy the correct bulbs?

Thanks again.

·
10,456 Posts
i think generally, M5's did not have adjustable headlights because it had self leveling suspension. So in theory the car should always be level, so no need to adjust the lamps.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Headlights

I had a minor shunt on the interstate last November that took out all my headlights. I couldn't find another set of euro smileys quickly so ordered a set of euro style Depo's instead mainly as an interim measure to get the car out of the bodyshop. I installed the Philips H1 X-treme Vision Halogen 12258XVS2 bulbs, which are hard to find stateside, and have been very happy with the results. The build quality isn't the same as the Hella or Bosch but the light output and dispersion is good enough for my needs so I haven't bothered to replace them with a genuine German set yet. They do come with the euro connections and, for $175 new, were a decent deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts