BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for the frame/cover that runs along the bottom of both headlights, is painted and clips into the bumper. The clips on mine are broken. Here is the piece, its #7 left and right;

RealOEM.com * BMW E39 M5 Grille

Want it in Carbon Black, intact. Not interested in other colors.

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey Steve, I actually bought both of these from RM European last week. I picked up the primered ones for $18 each, and they arrived the next day!

BMW Headlight Trim Under Left Headlight (Primered) 51138168809 - RM European Auto Parts
BMW Headlight Trim Under Right Headlight (Primered) 51138168810 - RM European Auto Parts
Doe,

Thanks Man....I know that I can get them like that and they can also be had painted, new. Just being cheap and lazy..:)

Thanks though, getting them primered I am sure the paint guy will want to charge me $.

Steve

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Steve,

Just do what I did when i replaced mine. Order the part that is pre primered, and order a can or two of carbon black from tower paint. Exact match and they put quality oem paint into cans. Let them cure for a day or two and you will be good too go. You will save on ridiculous shop costs and will be glad you did it yourself.

www.towerpaint.com

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve,

Just do what I did when i replaced mine. Order the part that is pre primered, and order a can or two of carbon black from tower paint. Exact match and they put quality oem paint into cans. Let them cure for a day or two and you will be good too go. You will save on ridiculous shop costs and will be glad you did it yourself.

www.towerpaint.com

Ya learn something new everyday!

Thanks Chuck

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Ya guys, for parts like these, its very easy to paint them with good quality paint out of a can. Just do light passes, and lay it on evenly and most of all, let it cure for enough time before installing. The first day of curing, it may not shine right, or look correct, but if you laid on a few coats evenly, by day 2 or 3, the clearcoat will have had time to ruse and harden and the shine will be there.

Reactions: josiahg52
1 - 7 of 7 Posts