BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was poking around under the car today and I noticed the Nowack set up has each bank having two collectors each grabbing two headers then a foot or more further down those two merge in to the main pipe heading south on that side of the car.
My question is on the reason for that version and the other 4 into 1 set up that others like SS use.

Wonder if anyones got the same set ups except for the header config and if there's gains in power/flow and sound from one to the other..

Apples

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Evolve could answer this pretty easily as they just tested both styles back-to-back. Both provide similar power gains, but it is where the power is increased that differs.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a thread on this evolve test and what they noticed between the two versions?
Was this test done to see what type of set up they would make/sell?

Stuart

·
Registered
832 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Apples, I've also got the Nowack headers on my car. I think the new evolve headers are very nice both in the design and execution, they use a very long primary to keep low end torque but benefit from 4-1 simplicity in installation and maybe more top end. It will be interesting to see how much bhp cars with cams and headwork will make using these headers.

Sal spent some considerable time with my car on the dyno last weekend after it's engine rebuild, it's now making more bhp than it did with Nowacks original tune.

·
13,589 Posts
Apples, I've also got the Nowack headers on my car. I think the new evolve headers are very nice both in the design and execution, they use a very long primary to keep low end torque but benefit from 4-1 simplicity in installation and maybe more top end. It will be interesting to see how much bhp cars with cams and headwork will make using these headers.

Sal spent some considerable time with my car on the dyno last weekend after it's engine rebuild, it's now making more bhp than it did with Nowacks original tune.
I got some of the play by play :confused3

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Did Evolve ever bring the LHD 4-2-1design to market? My car doesn't live on the redline, so was hoping to find a 4-2-1 upgrade over stock. Dinan costs as much as a S/C so that's a non starter.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I don't think so.

I just remember RHD 4-2-1 then LHD 4-1 and now RHD 4-1

1 - 14 of 14 Posts