BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I currently have DMH's low profile cut outs on my car and was wondering if headers would make a significant gain. Im alittle worried that the car might end up too raspy in terms of sound? I couldnt find any videos of the M5 with cutouts and headers on. Any insight? Or do you guys think itll sound even better.

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
So, I currently have DMH's low profile cut outs on my car and was wondering if headers would make a significant gain. Im alittle worried that the car might end up too raspy in terms of sound? I couldnt find any videos of the M5 with cutouts and headers on. Any insight? Or do you guys think itll sound even better.
The primary reason someone gets headers is for performance gain. With your current setup, it will increase the volume of the exhaust when the cutouts are open. Where along the catback system is your cutoffs installed? Most likely, it is prior to the resonators, meaning when the cutouts are open, there will be rasp and it will be loud, not necessarily a pleasing sound. With the cutoffs closed, and if you are running a stock exhaust system, it will only be a bit louder, a bit. IMO with cutoffs in general, it's not the best sound you can achieve.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
The primary reason someone gets headers is for performance gain. With your current setup, it will increase the volume of the exhaust when the cutouts are open. Where along the catback system is your cutoffs installed? Most likely, it is prior to the resonators, meaning when the cutouts are open, there will be rasp and it will be loud, not necessarily a pleasing sound. With the cutoffs closed, and if you are running a stock exhaust system, it will only be a bit louder, a bit. IMO with cutoffs in general, it's not the best sound you can achieve.

+1 def agree...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts