Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running this set-up?

Thanks for any and all info!

:M5rev:

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi,

Kind of, have Van Manen custom made headers, 100 cell cats , X pipe and standard mufflers.

I guess you want to know what it sounds like ?
Actually from cold start up, like a V8 , but a quiet one. Once warm its not to loud but its more M3 rasp than V8. Its quite a metallic and very distinct sound with a clear rasp at the higher end of the rev range. Its like you can almost hear all the valves opening and closing. Its not like anything you have heard before. Think a mix of standard system with and X pipe ( instead of a resonator ) mated to an E46 M3 system.

No , I cant post a sound clip, not because im lazy but because im half way through a full repair and repaint.

Hope it helps some,

I know this is not quite the same as what I have but its as close a sound as I can find.

E39 M5 with Van Manen variant 2 manifolds. - YouTube

Perhaps this is what you are looking for. I think its about as good as you can make it sound. May be a bit too loud for the Uk + No Dinan here. Shipping is more than the cost of the mufflers. However I think this sounds great. One thing I have noticed is that with custom headers we tend to loose the deep V8 rumble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn0USZM_nEg

Regards,

Nat.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I am running evolve headers and race cats ss xpipe and eissmann race back boxes and love it its loud

·
Registered
443 Posts
I am running evolve headers and race cats ss xpipe and eissmann race back boxes and love it its loud
E39 M5 Perfect Exhaust Note - YouTube

Listen to that and tell me what you think
Umn, yeah. SOLD. cherrsagai

I'm doing this exact setup but with Dinan headers vs Evolve. I'm assuming you (m5 deamon) have the Evolve tune as well. Any CEL codes off the cats? Per Alex @Evolve, the Alpha N custom tune prevents the light so I'm hoping you say 'no'

Thanks in advance, and thanks for posting the link. Watched it on surround sound in the living room via AppleTV and the wife walked-in and says "oh no. Are you researching mods again?" I gave her the Kanye West shrug :dunno:

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
i have no ses light and i pass inspection

Umn, yeah. SOLD. cherrsagai

I'm doing this exact setup but with Dinan headers vs Evolve. I'm assuming you (m5 deamon) have the Evolve tune as well. Any CEL codes off the cats? Per Alex @Evolve, the Alpha N custom tune prevents the light so I'm hoping you say 'no'

Thanks in advance, and thanks for posting the link. Watched it on surround sound in the living room via AppleTV and the wife walked-in and says "oh no. Are you researching mods again?" I gave her the Kanye West shrug :dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts