BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us who are participating in the SS header GB what is the concensus on software tunes?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
It seems like an Evolve tune of some level is the preferred method these days.

·
Registered
663 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I will be going with an Evolve tune, now that this has come up I am a bit confused. What is the difference between these two tunes?

BMW M5 E39 ECU Tune Stage 1 including Evolver remote flash tuning tool

and

BMW M5 E39 ECU Tune Stage 1 including Evolver remote flash tuning tool

Which do I need for headers? What are the differences?
On BMW :: 5 Series :: BMW M5 (E39, '98-'03) :: Engine :: ECU - Welcome to Evolve - Premium Performance Upgrades click the Options link next to each item, it lists what are available for each. I believe BMW M5 E39 ECU Tune Stage 1 including Evolver remote flash tuning tool is what most of us will want.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There's really only two options: Evolve or the jail break tune. It would be nice if there were a group buy offered by one of the two companies since so many of us will be needing a tune soon.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
There's really only two options: Evolve or the jail break tune. It would be nice if there were a group buy offered by one of the two companies since so many of us will be needing a tune soon.
email [email protected]

Matt and Bobby have done group buys for as few as 10 people and they were great deals. I used their tune with my headers and have been very pleased with the results.

Reactions: 1bad540

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many board members would be interested in a GB for a header Tune? I would think we could get 10 easily and as much as 20+. The more the better the price will be. If there is enough interest we could contact some of the tuners for prices.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
Headers and jailbreak tune resulted in a 45rwhp gain for me!

Reactions: paul88

·
Registered
364 Posts
Based on???
Basing it on my past experiences. Had evolve on my previous cars, the E46 M3 and E90 M3. Both had made great great power, and updates have always been free. With the tune you get the diagnostic reader as well. Customer service is top notch and they always go out of their way to help whenever possible. Emails have been responded to quickly even though they are based out of the UK.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I have experience with both Evolve and Jailbreak for different products and have been happy with both (slightly less pleased with evolve than jailbreak). I just know that Jailbreak's group buy offers are significantly less expensive than evolve's and Jailbreak is great!

Do you have any dyno sheets?
Split,

Below is the dyno progression sheet. The plot shows stock, stock + tune, headers + stock tune, and finally headers + tune.

Attachments

·
Registered
743 Posts
It's nice to see the progress and power increase all on the same dyno. Surprised that your stock numbers were quite low. 315/310

I'll have to pull up my dyno chart but I put down 340hp/360tq stock. And I believe it was a dynojet as well. Why were your stock numbers that much lower?

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
It's nice to see the progress and power increase all on the same dyno. Surprised that your stock numbers were quite low. 315/310

I'll have to pull up my dyno chart but I put down 340hp/360tq stock. And I believe it was a dynojet as well. Why were your stock numbers that much lower?
I dyno'd my car in less than stellar conditions...90+ degree day and about 100% humidity.

I have since replaced my cats with race cats and plan on getting to the dyno on a nice day to try again. All maintenance is up to date and I have no codes, extra carbon build up, etc. Anyway, everyone knows that every dyno is different. I'm more interested in the gain than the actual number.

Reactions: evolve automotive

·
Registered
132 Posts
can someone post a link to the supersprint header groupbuy i looked in the exhaust for sale section and couldn't find it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts