BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A thought...as things are changing to digital is there a 'gimzo' that I can buy to change my 2001 M5 TV to digital?

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Hi Adam

I have tried going down this route but can only find the tuners that connect via the AV input, The alpine unit i believe gets DAB as well i'm told.

guess a trip to ebay could help

Good luck

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Just to be clear, digital tv does not automatically mean HDTV. You can have standard definition though digital.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Just to be clear, digital tv does not automatically mean HDTV. You can have standard definition though digital.
+1

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
It would.

But considering the resolution and size of the factory screens, I'd question the difference in quality vs standard definition. If the screens can't pump out high(er) resolutions, then it wont matter what you throw at it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the uk seem to be going digital only over the next few years so i guess something will come out for the factory unit.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I can see it now:

Carbon Fiber lip for HDTV receiver.
HID HDTV "On" light.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
You need a digital box (hybrid box).
In Sweden we have digitalized our TV net now.
Bought a new hybridbox on Ebay.
Plug and Play.

·
Registered
230 Posts
if you have a newer HDTV or EDTV with a Digital tuner built in, don't worry about the switch. if you have a cable box or satelite box, again don't worry about the change because the boxes are ready for it. the only people affected are those that have an older "tube" tv and are using basic cable pluged into the back of the tv, or an antenna on top the roof. i manage a home theater store and this is one of my most common questions. if anybody needs help with anything HD or Surround Sound let me know.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts