BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Hmm did I miss something? Why are you unhappy...?
He probably wished he beat him by a greater margin.

Either way, good kill.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes im unhappy because my car should kill him by big big margin ,,, modded Vs stock !!!

i will try to put cam in my car :)

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Yes im unhappy because my car should kill him by big big margin ,,, modded Vs stock !!!

i will try to put cam in my car :)
What speeds did you race up to?

Stock for stock the M5 passes the CTS-V around 150mph, however, at speeds below 100mph the CST-V is quicker than the M5.

Since you guys were going from first gear (where you were getting a lot of wheel spin through second), the race was closer and you only started pulling up top. Had you guys started from a higher speed, I'm sure the race would have been a bit more definitive.

With a stock CTS-V vs a stock or modded M5, it's really just a numbers game to see who comes out on top. Eventually, the M5 will always get ahead. The question is just what speeds you guys will need to go up to.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^
2009 or 2010 i think >> this guy beats Rs6 , XFR , Stock M5 as he showed me some video ...

anyway our run was fom 50-250 kmh ..... which is around 160 mph !!

i have another clip of my car Vs stock M5 ,,, Result was 4 car length from 50-250 kmh !!

this why im thinking this guy is hidding something on his car !!!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Ofc you didn´t beat him more, you are running like 50-220 km/h, the first video isn´t a 250 km/h run, you could tell by the shifts. You shifted to 5th gear and held it for like a millisec...4th gear is 210 km/h and there is now way you could go 210-250 km/h that fast.

Do a run like Gustav, 50-270 km/h and see what happens. Having that said, the CTS-V is a 556 hp car, beating him with a big margin is not gonna happen below 100 mph, but leaving him like you did in just a run from 50-220 km/h tells that your M5 indeed is a very fast one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ummm i dont know the only thing i saw in my clock was 247 or something like that ...

any way as i promissed i will race stock Zo6 and will give you the outcome :)

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Any way M V10 >> what do you think of my car comparing with yours our ahmeds one :)

Your car is awesome, sounds mean and I love the sound, but I aso do know that Ahmed has one of the fastest M5´s out there, and that car sounds like a monster. It would be nice to see you guys do some runs against each other :)

My car on the other hand just got some treatment, and more to come. The only thing stopping me from going all out has been those damn smog tests and such that we have to do here every year. One thing that suits me though is the weather, we don´t get +40 celsius here so I have an advantage over you guys in terms of good weather conditions :cheers:

I had plans of keeping my car stock and just buy a new monster car to play with but I´ve changed my mind for the "mod" thing, can´t get enough of that V10 so first off is a RPI treatment, allready have some goodie goodie at home and hopefully more soon :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i wish to go to bahrain one day .. and i will bring with me my monster :)

oh yah soon our car will be out of service = Temp will reache 45 +

So MV10 .. what your name .. could you give me you email ?

·
Registered
550 Posts
hello all

this Video of my M5 Vs auto cts-v

two races , uploaded on V guy youtube channel

my modification list it in the video

unhappy about the result thought unless the V guy is hiding some light modification on his car !!

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQEujJtc08Q"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQEujJtc08Q[/URL]
The CTS-V is faster than the M5 stock vs. stock, and since you're only lightly modded it makes sense that you were barely able to pull on him. The manual tranny CTS-Vs are even a shade faster from a roll than the Automatics...

I doubt he's hiding mods based on the results of that race.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Nice run.... Not bad i ran one qr-mile i was happy with my car. The driver didn't want to run from a roll after he saw how close i was from a stop. So a roll would have been a kill ..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts