BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, was just wondering if anyone from uk has done a track day with he hayward and scott exhaust as i have one on order and will be doing a track day in the car at some point. If so any probs wth noise levels, plus while I'm on the situation of track days, anyone got any recommendations for tyre choice thats not gonna blow a hole in my wallet? Thanks as always:byee55amg
ps sorry if this is a repost

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have pzero's on at the mo, very good grip wet and dry, but not sure about how they will hold up on a track day as i haven't had them long, anyone else have pzeros?

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys have noise restrictions for track days?
yeah its about 105db in most places 101db in others! they test the cars before you go on track too in some places, or if someone says your too loud they check

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
yeah its about 105db in most places 101db in others! they test the cars before you go on track too in some places, or if someone says your too loud they check
That's interesting. I personally have the H&S, but never bothered testing them. I kept my stock resonators, though.

Your best bet would be to try to contact H&S directly and ask them. Maybe they know.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"Your best bet would be to try to contact H&S directly and ask them. Maybe they know." - Diny

Yeah tried that, they said ask you lot! LOL

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm sure you'll be fine. I've got H&S on mine and its not as loud as my 325i e30 track day car was and i used to just creep in on all the uk tracks with that.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I doubt your exhaust will hit that level, those figures are quite standard on our isles and are mainly for tire squeal, hence all of the tracks over here don't want any drifting. I suspect with the price of a set of boots for an M5 , you won't be deliberately drifting.:1:

Steven

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I doubt your exhaust will hit that level, those figures are quite standard on our isles and are mainly for tire squeal, hence all of the tracks over here don't want any drifting. I suspect with the price of a set of boots for an M5 , you won't be deliberately drifting.:1:

Steven
Yeah not deliberately but if the tail comes out on a corner you can rest assured it will stay out as long as i dare!! I was actually thinking of gettin some similar size wheels off of ebay and some worn tyres to change into instead having to drive home on the same set. Just a thought but I'm not sure yet

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi, i have H&S back box's, milltek "X" pipe and 100 cell reace cats it was measured at 4500rpm a meter away, it measured........115 decibels whoops lol.

I was at anglesey race track at the time but they said nothing, it was quite windy though so not sure if that had anything to do with it!!

I reckon you will struggle on tracks up to 95 dec to be honest.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks i did'nt think to look on ebay for tyres?? I bid on those and the fronts he is selling as well! They are insane!

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi, i have H&S back box's, milltek "X" pipe and 100 cell reace cats it was measured at 4500rpm a meter away, it measured........115 decibels whoops lol.

I was at anglesey race track at the time but they said nothing, it was quite windy though so not sure if that had anything to do with it!!

I reckon you will struggle on tracks up to 95 dec to be honest.
lol ok 115 is QUITE LOUD!! Sure there wasn't a hurricane?!

·
13,589 Posts

What is the procedure they use for testing your noise level output? If they do it the SAE way, it MAY be too loud. If they measure you at WOT from say 50 feet, it probably wont.

·
Registered
404 Posts
What is the procedure they use for testing your noise level output? If they do it the SAE way, it MAY be too loud. If they measure you at WOT from say 50 feet, it probably wont.

usually a db meter placed at a tower with one of the corner workers...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts