BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
was driving from dealership the other day and the lanes were wide open so i decided to push the car a little hard.....around 35 minutes later there was a picture of a gear and something about transmission on HUD and nav screen it said to drive normally or something i cant remember well and to take it to nearest bmw service center. so i did shifts at around 2,500 and wen i went home i checked all systems and it said all systems ok the car has 3, 800 miles and is an 07.

sorry i didnt get to read it well first mistake was exiting out of it before throughly reading wat it said....can anyone help? should i be worried it did say all systems were ok when i got home.

thanks,
Julian

·
Registered
397 Posts
Safest bet is to have the dealership take a look. The car is still covered under the warranty. Why take a chance?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeaaa i think im going to try to this saturday...car runs fine and all but cldnt hurt either to get checked up

·
Registered
991 Posts
yeah its always a safe bet to get things checked. I was driving my volvo on a road trip and close to my house the car would shut off then turn back on, did it about 5 times but I made it home. Took it to the dealer the next day and they said nothing was wrong... Sometimes weird things just happen with the electronics but its better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Sounds like the yellow cog or possibly The Red Cog of Death. Take
it back to the dealership and have them take a look. The car logs all
errors so they'll know what happened even though the error no longer
shows.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yellow cog or red cog of death???sounds like trouble am i screwed??

·
Registered
286 Posts
No, it's just the trannie warnings light. Has happened to practically all of us in an M5 or M6 at some point. Just take it in when you get a chance. It generally clears itself, but worth having the dealer check out.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, it's just the trannie warnings light. Has happened to practically all of us in an M5 or M6 at some point. Just take it in when you get a chance. It generally clears itself, but worth having the dealer check out.

thanks for clearing that up mann

1 - 8 of 8 Posts