BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 2001 that just started having issues today. After being perfectly fine on Thursday of last week, I cranked it up today to find a very rough idol. When the clutch is pressed, I get a throttle response, but when I am letting the clutch out it doesn't respond at all and almost stalls if I don't push the clutch back in.

There is no indication of a problem via the console. I am about to have it towed to Global Imports BMW here in ATL.

Any ideas? Anyone else experience the same problem before? I need to know what to expect.

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
Have you been messing with the engine bay? Do you have a Peake tool to scan for codes? Based on the limited information here, much is possible (e.g. gas, vacuum, sensors).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. I haven't done anything to it. Like I said, it was just fine on Thursday when I last drove it. It has been parked and untouched ever since.

It is almost acting like it is out of gas, although there is at least 1/8th of a tank.

·
Super Moderator
4,850 Posts
Gas is an easy variable to eliminate. If you find out this solves it, then look to one of your fuel pumps and/or filters failing.

Vacuum is somewhat diagnosable by inspection, squeezing, jiggling intake bits.

Regardless, your first line of defense should always be the Peake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts