BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has had to replace their paddle shifters? I replaced the "+" paddle about 6 months ago. I've got to get the "-" replaced now! The car has 36k miles...

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A buddy at work has a 2007 M5 and he had a "floppy" paddle which he had replaced under warranty earlier this year. Is that the sort of problem you had too?
Yep! It losses the spring action which makes it super sensitive and you find shifting going through two gears by barely touching it!

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
I never have had to yet...but I don't really use the paddles all that much. 80% of the time I use the gear shifter. It is where I rest my right hand lol. My wife always gets pissed when I am doing 160 mph+ with one hand...she asks why I don't just use the paddle shifters haha. Just habit I guess :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had to have mine replaced about 6 months apart. It turned out it was the switch that the paddle shifters press. I think it happened somewhere between 25,000 and 30,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Yep! It losses the spring action which makes it super sensitive and you find shifting going through two gears by barely touching it!
Kinda like the hair trigger on my Glock 9mm.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My "+" had to be replaced last month. The spring went dead, couldn't tell if it had upshifted. Covered under warranty, took a day to get the part. I got a mini cooper manual for a loaner, that was a lot of fun for a day.

SDAWG

·
8,369 Posts
My beast is a 2006 with 17,000 miles. Paddle shifters still works great, no issues (knock on wood).

I use my paddle shifters about 90% of the time.

I was trained both hands on the steering wheel at all times except when gear shifting. Or except when I am rubbing my girlfriends legs : )

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
My beast is a 2006 with 17,000 miles. Paddle shifters still works great, no issues (knock on wood).

I use my paddle shifters about 90% of the time.

I was trained both hands on the steering wheel at all times except when gear shifting. Or except when I am rubbing my girlfriends legs : )
So you saying your drive one handed all of the time except when you need to up shift hiha

·
Registered
90 Posts
Aftermarket Paddle Shifters?

I'm kind of rehashing an old thread but does anyone make aftermarket paddle shifters for the M6?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
mine work great....41k miles on the clock. Maybe you guys are getting overly excited when shifting with the flappers and putting too much stress on them....lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts