BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have taken the plunge and placed a firm E60 M5 order with deposit?

·
Registered
123 Posts
My dealer told me they weren't taking orders yet.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
got an order on a M6. might switch it to M5 or maybe even back to M3 smg if I am not thrilled with the new look. I find I go back and forth. I want to see these cars on the road first.

·
Registered
123 Posts
hmm....I guess I'll talk to the guy again. If you guys over there can place orders now, there's no reason that I couldn't.

·
Registered
675 Posts
ashok ive placed a deposit on an m6 ,and a an importer i know is keeeping an m5 for me as he reckons he'll sell it no probelm if i don't take it.aGerman dealers talking about aug/sept fot the new m5

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a deposit on an E60 M5 and am # 1 on
the dealer list for it.

But the photos of the instrument panel are making me
think twice about the purchace.

IMO it looks like crap.

What's with the double binnacle.

Awful design.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Reflex55 said:
hmm....I guess I'll talk to the guy again. If you guys over there can place orders now, there's no reason that I couldn't.
here in the US, it all depends on the individual dealer. just like how some dealers try to charge over MSRP on hot cars.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
When I ordered my 03 M5 last October, I also gave my dealer a deposit for an E60 M5. Although the E60 M5 will probably be excellent from the driving department, at this point I am not thrilled with the looks department from the inside or the outside. Now that I have my beast, I am absolutely thrilled with my M5 and now that my craving for a 4 door rocketship has been satisified, I may change the order. I have considered the M6 but that also is not scoring very high in looks, so right now I am think an M3 with SMG might be lot of fun or a 911 TT if the bank book cooperates.

We will just have to wait and see.

Regards,

T.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Put an order for M5 and M6 in January 2002. Will decide which I go for or neither once I have seen them in the flesh. Also had orders for RS6 and E55 but decided to pass on both of those.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Did it today! Im in

·
Registered
435 Posts
Having heard of sticker prices in the range of 90k, i must hold off and prob go the way ofthe dark side. If, on the other hand, they seem to bring the price comparable to the e55, then we are in business.

I too, like most of you , would look at both the m5 and m6, but again, price is the question , as well as time of availability.

·
Registered
3,042 Posts
As soon as I head that a V10 was the proposed powerplant for the E60 I told my sales guy that I am number one of the dealerships list for the E60 M5. Although I havent put money down yet, they know Im serious about my position on their list

After seeing pictures of the regular 5 series, i might sell my spot and make some money out of it...who knows.

If the M5 looks good, ill keep it and have a new toy...although i might just sell my spot, and keep the money and use it for something german and more sporting in nature from Stuggart-Zuffenhausen

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ok. Went down to my dealer again and dropped a deposit on both an M6 and M5. I'm not sure if I'll buy any of them seeing how we still don't know much about either model but it's just insurance in case I'll want either of them. Or both.
BTW, I couldn't get a straight answer on why they told me that they weren't taking deposits two weeks ago, but I got the feeling that he was protecting the new guy which is the one who I've talked to before.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If I had the money, I would not doubt about it... gimme the M6 and the M5, please! What do you want more?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts