BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A similar thread was started yesterday in the E39 area, and I thought it'd be a good idea to dig up what we could find on the E34..........

......pics from a showroom, motor shows etc ?

I've just got this so far, one of the 15 rosso LE's......

Mark

:noSMG:

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
My favorite M5 E34 color:D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
i wish i had pics, i remember it on the stand at the San Francisco international auto show, winter of '90.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i wish i had pics, i remember it on the stand at the San Francisco international auto show, winter of '90.
I can only dream how a brand new one drove back then. Anyone driving one in 1991 was amazingly lucky. I moved to the United States from Europe back in 1991 and remember seeing a brand new one in the dealer showroom. I thought about owning that car as a 15 year old all throughout high school.

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
I can only dream how a brand new one drove back then. Anyone driving one in 1991 was amazingly lucky. I moved to the United States from Europe back in 1991 and remember seeing a brand new one in the dealer showroom. I thought about owning that car as a 15 year old all throughout high school.
i was in college at the time, and worked for a detailing shop, the local bmw dealer was one of our accounts. Being the clean cut, english speaking, college student, i was entrusted with the better cars/ more important jobs. THe bmw sales manager pulled up one early summer day, 1990 in a silver e34 with what looked like whitewall tires from a distance. As i got closer, i heard the menacing idle, noticed the lower stance and body kit, and realized this was something different. He tossed me the keys, we went for a ride, and i was hooked by the top of third gear.

·
Super Moderator
10,462 Posts
Did you have his permision? Or was it like Ferris Buellers day off lol!:M5launch:

Jay
he rode along with me, but the intent was to show me what the m5 was all about. I repaid the favor by buying my e39 m5 from him about a decade later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts