BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased the following rims for my 94 E34 540i and need to know the best tire/size to fit rims. Giving enough clearance and room. I'll need an all-season tire for this. Help please I have no clue...

My rims:
Size: 19"x8.5 (front) and 19"x9.5 (rear)
Offset: +15mm (front) and +22mm (rear)
Lip Size: 1.75" (front) and 2.25" (rear)

Thanks for your suggestions in advance!!!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
My first (harsh, but fair) suggestion would be that it would be a good idea to do you research BEFORE wasting money on something you don't know anything about.

What are you going to do if they don't fit?

However, in the sizes you're going to be looking at, you'll be lucky to find anything other than high performance summer tyres, as low profile (30/35 ratio) tyres are not usually made in all season versions.

I have found one tyre in low profile & 19" that is available as a high performance snow tyre, but nothing in 'all season' spec.

Have a look on tirerack.com for the sizes you're thinking of - which are probably something like 245/30/r19 front and 265/30/r19 rear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mmm-Five,

Was looking for suggestions... I did do research on rims prior, just they came with no tires... looking for tire suggestions from the board. Just to be sure what I was choosing was fited on other m5's or 540i's thanks I was on tirerack jsut haven't bought yet.

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
245/255 would be best.

I'm changing the rears back to 255's coming from 265's. Just to experiment. 265's ok, but it doesn't really add anything other than that it looks better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts