BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I was at Kellners and had my Speed Limiter removed (i.e Speed Modul installed),
They told me that they had a complete engine kit including Software modification (chip), cams and Sport Exhaust?

Have anyone tried this?
Was there a huge different?
How much was it?

/Johan

·
Registered
120 Posts
I visited Kelleners a few weeks ago. There was a black M5 (from Sweden) who got the full Kelleners treatment. I took a few pictures and can email them to you if you like. May be you know the owner ?

------------------
'99 BMW 328iC
'99 ML430
'01 M5 (November)

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was there August 1th.

I live in Sweden and have a Carbon Black M5 but I only got the Speed Modul (speedlimiter away). And my M5 is registered in Ludwigsburg, Germany.
But please, send me the pics!

Thanks,
/Johan

·
Registered
257 Posts
Johann,
I may stop by Kelleners in September. How much was the speed delimiter? Was it just a computer re-program? Did they give you any power on the dyno,or just speed delimit?

Thks, Dan

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I costed 2400 DEM (about $1150).
It is actually a piece of hardware (with some sw inside I guess) that just removes the speed limiter.
See http://www.bmwm5.com/Tysk4.htm,
it's a picture there!

They also have software which costs anoter 2000 DEM (I think) but I did not have the time to have it installed this time.

/Johan

Originally posted by daniel:
Johann,
I may stop by Kelleners in September. How much was the speed delimiter? Was it just a computer re-program? Did they give you any power on the dyno,or just speed delimit?

Thks, Dan

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gustav,

Did he also have the new cams or only the software mod?

Was 430 hp with the exhaust as well?

/Johan

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
430 hp on the wheels should mean something like 465 hp on the engine. Can you feel any difference when driving it? Better Top Speed?

Novack also works with the intakes keeping them as cold and effective as possible. If this could make an extra 40 hp I don't know.

/Johan

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gustav,

I forgot to ask: Do you know how much the whole packet costed and when he had it done?

/J

·
Registered
120 Posts
Originally posted by johann:
I was there August 1th.

I live in Sweden and have a Carbon Black M5 but I only got the Speed Modul (speedlimiter away). And my M5 is registered in Ludwigsburg, Germany.
But please, send me the pics!

Thanks,
/Johan
Johann,
the M5 at Kelleners had swedish tags (RDL - - -) and BMW och Rover Göteborg on the frame. I can't find your email address to send the pics.

regards
Gary

------------------
'99 BMW 328iC
'99 ML430
'01 M5 (November)

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Peter Gutniak:
To Johan:

The 430 Hp measured on Klas car is, I believe, engine-, not wheel output.

Best regards
Peter
Yes that's correct, I talked to ho him on the phone earlier and the 370 Hp he had before was on the engine as well!

I wonder why they claim the car has 400 Hp?

By the way, do you have the Kellener Exhaust?
I live in Stockholm too and would love to hear what it sounds like.

Mvh,
/Johan

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
The 370 @ the engine is not truly measured at the engine. Kelleners' dyno assumes about 13% losses through the driveline.

My car did ~373 SAE net HP (calcuated from the kW number on the dyno paper) in fifth gear (Volker @ Kelleners claims they're typically approx 14HP better in sixth) based on that calculation, that was at 1600 miles. It was a cool day but very humid.

Most US dyno operators assume about 15% driveline loss with manual transmission, more with slushbox.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by JEM:
The 370 @ the engine is not truly measured at the engine. Kelleners' dyno assumes about 13% losses through the driveline.

My car did ~373 SAE net HP (calcuated from the kW number on the dyno paper) in fifth gear (Volker @ Kelleners claims they're typically approx 14HP better in sixth) based on that calculation, that was at 1600 miles. It was a cool day but very humid.

Most US dyno operators assume about 15% driveline loss with manual transmission, more with slushbox.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by johann:
Stupid me hitting the Submit button befor answering.....

According to Klas, Kellner had Dyno procedure where they measure the effect on the wheels and then measure the effect loss in the transmission (by using the clutch).

So either the M5 does not have 400 Hp or there procedure (or dyno) does not give an accurate result.

/Johan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts