BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been waitin for something like this since the day I purchased my beast - and 5 years later there is somewhat of a solution.

Recently got my unit and had it installed yesterday without any hiccups. Installation is pretty straight forward and it looks awesome. The only problem I'm having so far is the sub output has no signal (really PO-ed about this). I am not using DSP anymore, all the factory stuff has been removed so the HU is connected to my amps directly through RCA.

My Previous setup:

Stock Nav/DSP/AMP etc....working in conjunction with 2 aftermarkets amps, aftermarket components and aftermarket sub. All routed through a AudioControl Signal Summing Interface which connected to amps by RCA. Sound quality was decent but could have been better. SO the sound quality has been much improved by using the Haulingan unit simply by going from the HU directly to the amp. The longest part of the install was running the RCA cables to the back which was done by running it through the center console and then under the carpet, then under the rear seat, then through the opening for the stock harness/wires which is located under the Drivers side rear seat.

My Current setup:

Haulingan HeadUnit, 2 aftermarket amps, Sub/Components etc.... very simple and all my Steering wheel controls still work AND I absolutely love having bluetooth phone/streaming audio and Ipod connectivity, and all the other little features it comes with. Nav works great also.

Currently I am working with my vendor to come up with a fix for my Sub not working or get a fix from Haulingan - Don't know what that will be.

Sorry only have Iphone pics which will be posted later on. Overall I love it 75% - the other 25% would be getting the sub to work.

BTW - anyone wanting to use this with a DSP system, there should be a harness coming out for this soon if not already available. I know it has been tested on the X5 but not sure on the E39. IF there are no differences between the X5 and E39 DSP then you have a solution readily available.

Thanks.

Reactions: kirkjn

·
Registered
72 Posts
I would love to know more about the harness and the timeline for when it may be available. I am looking for a direct replacement with no significant modification to keep as close to stock as possible, or to revert to stock with minimal effort.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me check with my vendor and see if the harness is available. Having this unit is almost like a dream come true, I love how I have so much flexibility in selecting my audio source.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Pics of install when you get a chance

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics !!!!

Not in any specific order but here are some pictures of the install.

Attachments

Reactions: kirkjn and Mike S.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Since I can't PM yet, I'm assuming you replaced the OEM 16:9 (MkIV) with the Hualingan head unit - do you still have the MkIV? If so, is it operational? If operational, will you part with it for a reasonable price?

·
Registered
316 Posts
BTW - anyone wanting to use this with a DSP system, there should be a harness coming out for this soon if not already available. I know it has been tested on the X5 but not sure on the E39. IF there are no differences between the X5 and E39 DSP then you have a solution readily available.

Thanks.
I saw something on xoutpost or bimmerforums this morning regarding a DSP harness. I didn't have a chance to look too closely but I'll look for the link.

Your install looks great, the unit fits very nicely!

edit: here is the DSP kit: http://allinmotion.ca/Home.php

from this thread: http://www.xoutpost.com/classifieds...avigation-entertainment-system-e39-e53-2.html

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yes OBC functions still work, however I'm not sure how I would go about changing the date/time if I ever needed to but the headunit has a clock built in so not worried. The OBC function that I really care about is the 'Range" otherwise known as Distance to empty.

BTW - AllinMotion.CA is where I ordered the unit from and Florin has many more in stock.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
The color on the display seems like a match

·
Registered
72 Posts
madbadmixmaster: Wow! It looks like you already had an aftermarket system and the work to take it back to stock would be quite an effort (not that you would want to do that, but I may). Great work and it looks quite a bit out of my league. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
hidden OBC functions?

Yes OBC functions still work, however I'm not sure how I would go about changing the date/time if I ever needed to but the headunit has a clock built in so not worried. The OBC function that I really care about is the 'Range" otherwise known as Distance to empty.

BTW - AllinMotion.CA is where I ordered the unit from and Florin has many more in stock.

BTW, are the hidden OBC functions still available?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kirkjn,

not sure how to access the hidden functions after everything in my beast has been removed including the components in the rear. If there is anything you would like for me to test, please let me know?

thanks

·
Registered
178 Posts
MixMaster - sent you an email a few days ago, not sure if you got it. Let me know if you're still interested in selling your 16:9. Thanks!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts