BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My google-fu has failed me. I remember reading about these cars in Road and Track at the time (Speaking of, that magazine is in a much different place now...), but not the specifics. I've read some articles that mention, for instance, the M5's styling being too aggressive.

Of course the chassis is lauded today for what it brings to the table and the devolution of the Driver's car. But I think it'd be cool to see how accurate original reviews were and what it was like compared to it's competitors!

If anyone happens to have old magazines or at least the dates they came out I can keep digging. The back issue feature for many of these magazines is awful.

Examples:
Motor Trend's Car of the Year Article: https://www.motortrend.com/news/1997-bmw-5-series/

Top Gear M5 Review:

Motor Trend's Video Review:

·
Registered
925 Posts
I’ve collected some (a lot) of these magazines.

Oldest is Jan 1999. Cover is not worth posting, but good for a laugh. The “Car of the Year”... Chrysler 300M

Then a bunch more. You should be able to see all the dates.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dude this is awesome, thanks! I'll try and see if I can get copies of these myself and scan + upload.

My bimmerfest thread was unceremoniously deleted, despite my searching of both forums with multiple terms -_-

Likewise, I'll delete this one if there's an existing thread with live leaks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Have you tried oldmags.com? I bought a few old Road & Track issues from them before. Granted I haven't ordered from them in over six years so who knows if they are still good.

Sent from Uranus with Love.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts