BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Our wires are really sensitive you might want to check for burnt connectors or wires...
heres the wierd part... i had hid 9006 fog lights from www.bimmian.com and they worked great... never a problem until almost 2 years later when a bulb burned out... now i tried to replace them with all oem parts and am running into the problem. is it that the oem hella ballast draws power differently than a typical aftermarket ballast? or maybe its less forgiving to power fluctuations? :dunno:

·
Registered
555 Posts
heres the wierd part... i had hid 9006 fog lights from www.bimmian.com and they worked great... never a problem until almost 2 years later when a bulb burned out... now i tried to replace them with all oem parts and am running into the problem. is it that the oem hella ballast draws power differently than a typical aftermarket ballast? or maybe its less forgiving to power fluctuations? :dunno:
Do you think it would to reset the electrical system by removing the main ground to the battery? I usually do this when I get electrical gremlins like this.

Jeff

·
Registered
510 Posts
Do you think it would to reset the electrical system by removing the main ground to the battery? I usually do this when I get electrical gremlins like this.

Jeff

i havent tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it,.. but if that was the case, the low-beams use the same ballast i am using on the fogs... wouldnt it affect the low-beams too if it was electrical gremlins? :pedro: <- electrical gremlin lol

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
12 Participants
Manny G.
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing