1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
david, let me know. I may be willing to help check this out for you.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
matt, awesome! thanks. I'll contact u on ZT since I can't PM or do anything on here yet. trying to find some time this weekend.

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
call the dealer and see if they'll allow for a PPI, and I can meet you w/ my GT1 setup and scan the car and look it over.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Funny, I came very close to buying that one, they lowered their price by $500 since I looked if I recall correctly. I wound up buying an 02 with fewer miles (sterling gray) out of Texas.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny, I came very close to buying that one, they lowered their price by $500 since I looked if I recall correctly. I wound up buying an 02 with fewer miles (sterling gray) out of Texas.
Was it from a dealer in TX? Photos of the car with some planes?

·
Registered
72 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh sorry to scare you. i only remember it cause I emailed them about the car also! ha but they told me it had JUST sold.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
hey said no to PPI but will allow a scanner to be hooked up to read codes and such.
That is B.S. If they deny you from doing a PPI, then i would stay away from the car. If they had nothing to hide, then they should allow it. Just my .02 cents.

reading codes won't say anything about the overall condition and integrity of the car such as subframe, brakes, shocks, springs, etc.

I bought my M5 from a non-BMW dealer and it was the first thing i asked. They let me, granted that i put down a security deposit. If it didn't work out, they would have refunded me.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
yea i think i'm going to stay away from that one. he said they allow PPI's just not on the M5 in order to keep mileage down. That just sounds fishy to me.

but found a car in MD so hoping to check it out this weekend!

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
glad your staying away, i would. No PPI = No deal

even the dealership photos look shady.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
mdyaman
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing