BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and never be seen again? I just had one the other day while sitting in neutral and it went away quickly without even a restart. Nothing in the message center, either. Hoping it was just a transient thing.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Had it happen back in June it popped up with a yellow cog and said trans malfunction. Then became shadow code. Forgot what the code was but I cleared it and it never came back. All this happened after my battery was reset.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did have that happen. Took it to the guy I bought it from (dealer). He said his BMW guy stated the battery wasn't registered. Got it back w no problems. Then a few weeks later it happened and didn't go away immediately. Next day it was gone. Just happened again last week while driving w co-workers. It sucked. Didn't go away after several days. Just got a call from local BMW service shop- clutch sensor, slave cylinder, and accumulator. $3700. They will also inspect the clutch, although the guy that owned it before had that replaced not too long ago (not sure of the miles on the new clutch). $3700- ouch.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
280 Posts
several times recently since my alternator has been not charging my battery and once about a year ago, i've put in about 40K miles since with no issues.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Happened to me once about 6 months ago. I was in a Car park shifting from 1st and reverse a couple times in quick succession when parking and the yellow cog came up. Switched off and then started up again and was all gone. Haven't seen it since which is great.......

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same here, red cog once about 3 weeks ago. Around the same time I had a passenger seat sensor warning. I had my battery reset the last time the sensor tripped a warning and it cleared that and a headlight issue. I suspect either the battery or charging system.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Once for me about a year ago. Nothing done to the car. Just popped up coming out of the garage and went into shock. Turned it OFF and then back ON and never saw it again. I took a picture of it though.:confused:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts