BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if anyone has done any business through this forum with a Chris wright from the uk? I have had an add posted here looking for a wald bumper and he responded. Says he has one new and wants me to money gram him the funds. I'm not comfortable doing that. I asked him to use paypal or eBay but he says he can't his account was hacked. Told him to send it through post or fedex COD , He says he knows the service is available but would rather I money gram him ...

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Red flags all over the damn place!

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm just wondering if anyone has done any business through this forum with a Chris wright from the uk? I have had an add posted here looking for a wald bumper and he responded. Says he has one new and wants me to money gram him the funds. I'm not comfortable doing that. I asked him to use paypal or eBay but he says he can't his account was hacked. Told him to send it through post or fedex COD , He says he knows the service is available but would rather I money gram him ...
Come on man this smells like a scam. Just walk away and look elsewhere.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yup .. That's my thoughts exactly! I even asked him if he's done any deals with any members here or is a vendor on the forum. He gave me some excuse that he's too busy!!

So guys BEWARE!!!
His email is [email protected]

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
if anyone doesnt use paypal or some type of credit card system on their official site...dont do business with them.

the cost of doing business is setting up the proper infrastructure to receive payments. if a person selling something cannot do that with fidelity....dont trust them to do anything else...

good luck with your search.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Do you have any other details of this 'person' other than his email address? PM me if you like. I'm in the UK and love doing 'research' so might be able to dig up a bit more. Having said that, I agree with all the comments here. Leave well alone!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Reactions: rao

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know if this is the same guy because I got another email from this person....

"Hello,

This is Gary Cook from Wavertree, Liverpool, United Kingdom. I am
E-mailing in respect to your Wanted Ad placed over the internet. I still
have for sale. Please get back to me if you are still keen to purchase. You
can reach me on any of the below numbers,

+44 7031991691 OR +44 7031958958

Cheers!!!!
Gary Cook
Sandown Lane, Wavertree, Liverpool L15 4HU"

EVERYONE BEWARE OF THESE SCAMMERS. USE COMMIN SENSE AND DO YOUR DUEDELIGENCE BEFORE YOU MAKE A DEAL!!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I don't know if this is the same guy because I got another email from this person....

"Hello,

This is Gary Cook from Wavertree, Liverpool, United Kingdom. I am
E-mailing in respect to your Wanted Ad placed over the internet. I still
have for sale. Please get back to me if you are still keen to purchase. You
can reach me on any of the below numbers,

+44 7031991691 OR +44 7031958958

Cheers!!!!
Gary Cook
Sandown Lane, Wavertree, Liverpool L15 4HU"

EVERYONE BEWARE OF THESE SCAMMERS. USE COMMIN SENSE AND DO YOUR DUEDELIGENCE BEFORE YOU MAKE A DEAL!!
Oy! I promise you that is a scam!!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
i'd play along with him and report his stupid *****. we need less scammers in this world. been scammed once and learned my lesson.

Reactions: chuffykow
1 - 13 of 13 Posts