BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about taking the M5 to the Mojave Mile (Mojave Mile ) but I was wondering if anybody has done it, if so how tough is tech inspection ect?

I would like to enter in the 200mph class (A2 or SSE class).

Please share your thoughts if anybody has knows somebody that has done this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, it crossed my mind. I thought I would fall in the 170-200 class, but hoping for closer to the 200mph mark. With an aftermarket tune and the other "usual" mods I would like to see where it stands.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
13,461 Posts
Well, it crossed my mind. I thought I would fall in the 170-200 class, but hoping for closer to the 200mph mark. With an aftermarket tune and the other "usual" mods I would like to see where it stands.

What are your thoughts?
Not going to happen, you need more power, check the S3ctor Airstrip event where the RPi car hit I think 186 I thni in the half mile with close to 578rhwp. I know you run out of track quickly going that fast but people mentioned around 750rwhp would do it but I guess someone has to try.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not going to happen, you need more power, check the S3ctor Airstrip event where the RPi car hit I think 186 I thni in the half mile with close to 578rhwp. I know you run out of track quickly going that fast but people mentioned around 750rwhp would do it but I guess someone has to try.

I agree. I watched some YouTube videos and they were saying that perhaps with 4-5 miles, but not 1 mile from a standing start. I am still curious to run it and see...

·
Registered
823 Posts

What are your thoughts?
It should be a fun experience for you :grinyes:

I've never run a mile event myself but attended the last 4 Texas Miles. Eurocharged full bolt on SMG M5 barely broke 170 mph on their best run.

Here is their video
He is my short video of them running 168 mph
My friend (Owner of Lethal Performance San Antonio) couldn't break 200 with a full bolt ZR1.
Fast forward to 1:20 for a run of his..

Good luck if you end up attending. Be sure to post up vids and pics! :)

-TZ

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It should be a fun experience for you :grinyes:

I've never run a mile event myself but attended the last 4 Texas Miles. Eurocharged full bolt on SMG M5 barely broke 170 mph on their best run.

Here is their video
He is my short video of them running 168 mph
My friend (Owner of Lethal Performance San Antonio) couldn't break 200 with a full bolt ZR1.
Fast forward to 1:20 for a run of his..

Good luck if you end up attending. Be sure to post up vids and pics! :)

-TZ

Thanks for the great videos!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts