BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my hartge classic 20" rims for my m5 e60 they look great and they are way more stable than the orginal rims.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:p I havent lowered the car because i am afraid that the ride will be to stiff also if you hit a bump some times the tire rubs against the body.

i will post some pics soon

·
Registered
375 Posts
bigd m5 said:
:p I havent lowered the car because i am afraid that the ride will be to stiff also if you hit a bump some times the tire rubs against the body.

bigdm5, I drove the Hartge M5 and it was not stiff at all even with the 21"r's all the way round. The ride was very compliant and you could feel the suspension doing its thing, there was no tramlining and it soaked up the bumps like a regular 5-series does. It was however very responsive to turns. I think cidair just got his lowered, you get an idea of how his feels as well.

·
Registered
245 Posts
bigd m5 said:

what is the offset and size of the tires? i am debating about going up to 20s but would not if they would rub as i dont want to have to roll the fenders.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you all for participating, I just want to tell you guys that the tires will only rub when I hit a bump or some thing similar. Last night I drove my car and I took some really hard turns with it and the tires didn’t rub at all so I was happy about that , but the thing that I was really happy about is the way the car handles know on high speed also on turns it is much more stable with the new wheels. I was doing 250 km yesterday and I was going between the cars and the beast just was magnificent.

:thumbsup:
I will order the lowering kit and I will try it, the thing that I am worried about more is the rubbing not how stiff the ride it.

·
Registered
943 Posts
There are 2 M5´s in Sweden with both lowering kit and 21" Hartge wheels.

It works perfect.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i just called my hartge agent and i have just placed an order for the 21" wheels and the lowering
thank you for the information

cidair said:
There are 2 M5´s in Sweden with both lowering kit and 21" Hartge wheels.

It works perfect.

·
Registered
943 Posts
bigd m5 said:
i just called my hartge agent and i have just placed an order for the 21" wheels and the lowering
I´m sure you will be very pleased with the car after these mods. A excellent car getting even better for sporty driving IMO.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
245 Posts
bigd m5 said:
in what way are they going to roll the fenders or should i say process?

·
Registered
29 Posts
If you like 21's you might want to consider BMW's own Star Spoke 128 in 21 inch. It's a beautiful wheel and looks incredible on the 745/750. The fronts are 9X21 (should fit no prob front and rear) and 10x21 rear (uh,, may not fit the rear). Anyways just a thought.:D

·
Registered
162 Posts
I emailed Birds in the UK about the Hartge Classsic 2's - asked what was involved in fitting , reply was

"There is a small amount of work to do in the rear wheelarch housing, mainly affecting the arch liners to give adequate clearance for the tyre. Also, we have to turn back the arch flanges with a special tool. Paintwork is unaffected."

Their current lead time is 10 days and fitting takes one day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts