BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys. been awhile since ive posted. anyhow. i'm looking for the hartge steering wheel, can't find any place that sells the carbon fiber looking one. anyone have links to multiple sites/companies that carry them? thanks alot guys. :cheers:

·
Registered
637 Posts
www.turnermotorsports.com

That's where I got mine for the M5. You get a core exchange refund also. However, another alternative, which I am going to do on the M6 is just the CF lower steering cover. The reason being the leather on the stock wheel is much better plus it has the ///M color stitching. Now, this is for an '08 model though. The '06 and '07 models had different leather on the wheel and is more comparable to the Hartge wheel. Also, the CF at the top of the wheel scratches easily if you wear a wedding ring and is both extremely hot in summer and cold in winter if you ever drive with your left hand at 12 o'clock as I do most of the time. Just some feedback for you.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

That's where I got mine for the M5. You get a core exchange refund also. However, another alternative, which I am going to do on the M6 is just the CF lower steering cover. The reason being the leather on the stock wheel is much better plus it has the ///M color stitching. Now, this is for an '08 model though. The '06 and '07 models had different leather on the wheel and is more comparable to the Hartge wheel. Also, the CF at the top of the wheel scratches easily if you wear a wedding ring and is both extremely hot in summer and cold in winter if you ever drive with your left hand at 12 o'clock as I do most of the time. Just some feedback for you.

so whats the final price when you exchange your steering wheel for it? 1300 w/ tax sounds like alot to me for a steering wheel, i <b>THINK</b> i saw it somewhere else cheaper. with the CF.?:dunno:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts

I am looking for the CF lower steering cover...where are you getting this and for how much?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hatge CF steering Wheel

If anyone is still looking I will be selling my hartge wheel.
It is like new and the complete wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am willing to take $800 plus shipping for the complete wheel.
Someone is going to be very fortunate to get this wheel.

·
In Memoriam
2,398 Posts
How much does it cost from Hartge?
My friend Hasan,

Hartge does not produce this steering wheel anymore. When he did, the price was around 1800 Euros.

I think what he is asking is reasonable. BUT be carefull because there are TWO different wheel hubs for the M6.
One was for models up to 11/2005 and the other from there on.

Check compatibility first before closing the deal, if you are interested.

My best,

George:cheers:

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Thanks George!

I was not aware of these facts. Your knowledge is a great asset for all of us.

Thanks and Regards
Hasan

My friend Hasan,

Hartge does not produce this steering wheel anymore. When he did, the price was around 1800 Euros.

I think what he is asking is reasonable. BUT be carefull because there are TWO different wheel hubs for the M6.
One was for models up to 11/2005 and the other from there on.

Check compatibility first before closing the deal, if you are interested.

My best,

George:cheers:

·
Registered
317 Posts
To those interested.
My Hartge wheel has been sold and is in route to Florida.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts