BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone refer me to a vendor or individual selling Hartge springs for the E60 M5?

TMS is no longer a reseller for them. I was hoping to find a company in the USA who has them in stock.

Thank you,

Darren

·
Registered
374 Posts
M5TekNYC
Just got em, so have not installed yet, however will give the feedback once in. I had lowtech sport springs on my E34 525i before and it handled great so looking forward to them to tighten up the body roll.

The lowtech springs did cause problems with parking, i.e scaping the front lip on sloped entrances etc, so hoping I do not have those issues with the H&R!!

I drove the Hartge M5 back summer 05 in Germany and it had their sport springs with the 21" wheels. I thought I would be bouncing around but pleasantly surprised at the good ride quality and handling, so should not be too woried about the sport springs..I hope! W

warrenatc how do you like the Hartge springs?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GGI in Huntington Beach California carries Hartge Product. 714.847.4009

Bruno, thanks for the referral. I already looked up GGI TUning on the internet once TMS said they are now the USA importer for Hartge.

I was immediately turned off when I dialed their central USA number (area code 786...houston I believe) and got a cheesy voicemail that sounded like a cell phone. Looking for a slightly bigger, more professional reseller.

Thank you though.

Cheers,

Darren

·
Registered
637 Posts
Darren,

I just got your message. And yes, I love the Hartge springs. And they are probably even better in the M5 as the ride is a little more harsh in the M6 even in stock form. Probably because it's a coupe. But yes, I would recommend Hartge springs highly. I bought mine from Cosmos when he sold his M6, so I can't help with a distributor. But good luck finding them. I will do some checking for you in the morning if you haven't found anyone yet.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Bruno, thanks for the referral. I already looked up GGI TUning on the internet once TMS said they are now the USA importer for Hartge.

I was immediately turned off when I dialed their central USA number (area code 786...houston I believe) and got a cheesy voicemail that sounded like a cell phone. Looking for a slightly bigger, more professional reseller.

Thank you though.

Cheers,

Darren
I think you got some wrong information. GGI was one of the nicest shops I had ever seen and carried ALL Hartge products. They did my car. Very professional and very large to boot.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've selected Hartge due to the drop in the front not being as low as H&R. The look from front to back shows the space between the wheel well and the tire to be even and I like that.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just got mine through Auto talent out of CA. Got here a day earlier than expected and free shipping! http://www.autotalent.com/

W
Warren,

I hate to tell you this my friend, but you purchased H&R springs... :eek:oohhh: I just spoke with Auto Talent and they said they sold you H&R.

What made me think there was something wrong was the priced you paid...not possible to get them at that amount.

You may want to check the springs, but they are definitely not Hartge (according to Auto Talent).

Regards,

Darren

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hey Darren, My bad, did not read your initial post that well, Yes, I ordered H&R springs, not Hartge. I don't think the car will be slammed that much as its only 1.2" front, 0.8" rear drop. Warren

·
Registered
107 Posts
i've got the h&R

If you guys wanna see what the ride is like ill be willing to meet up, ive got h&r's with 20" hartge wheels. its suprisingly smooth and i think the wheel gaps look perfect. thats my opinion though. Let me know guys. Darren i know you've set up the meets before but i always seem to miss them.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This is odd as Hartge claims to be 30mm F&R wich is actuall equal to H&R in the front and lower than H&R in the rear. H&R is 1.25 F and R .75.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Hartge are lower than H&R in the rear. Polar switched from Hartge springs rear to H&R rear cause he is running Hartge 21" wheels and it kept rubbing.

·
Registered
23 Posts
how low does Hartge lower?

Does anyone know how many inches the Hartge springs lower the front and rear of the E60 M5?

Or better yet who makes the lowest spring kit?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Does anyone know how many inches the Hartge springs lower the front and rear of the E60 M5?

Or better yet who makes the lowest spring kit?
I ended up going with Eibach and really like the drop.

The lowest in my experience are:

1. RDSport
2. H&R

All others are higher (Dinan, Eibach, etc.).

The other option is to go with Coil overs (Moton or KW) which are adjustable and can go very low, but cost considerably more.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Darren

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
How much higher (real life) are the Eibach's and more important; in comparison, how is the real life ride?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts