BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really looking into and considering the 21" Hartge wheels and the Hartge front spoiler. Possibly the exhaust. either that or the Hamann exhaust. Any suggestions on one over the other in the exhaust? Here in the U.S i got a price of 5200 for the Hartge 21" rims. That includes the tires, and the front wheel spacers which hartge requires. the whole 9 yards. i'm just not sure if i should do the 21's. and/or should i do chrome wheels? How much does the hartge front spoiler run in the U.S? and how much will the hamann kit be? We may not even have prices on them as of yet till the cars reach our shores. I was suprised they even had wheels over here already. Well only 2 sets of the classics on the east coast so far.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have been trying to get "Hartge" to return my email's for 2 days so I can order a spoiler. Man, if they had the company with that service here in the states, they wouldn't last long...I will let you know when I get pricing..

FLOYD

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Floyd.

·
Registered
431 Posts
RYAN17 said:
Thanks Floyd.
from some calculations I have done with EURO to US..the spoiler is about 550. unpainted. Still trying to see if that is shipping included or not..just in case, figure 800 or so painted and put on..this link will help you with your pricing....

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58189

FLoyd

PS..they us a comma where we use a . so when doing a conversion us a period where the comma is.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wouldn't the front spoiler be closer to $475.00 since 1 euro is equal to 1.2134 us dollars?

According to the link the spoiler is 390 EUR

Ryan

·
Registered
234 Posts
m5floyd said:
I have been trying to get "Hartge" to return my email's for 2 days so I can order a spoiler. Man, if they had the company with that service here in the states, they wouldn't last long...I will let you know when I get pricing..

FLOYD
I have also emailed Hartge a week ago and have yet to get a response, I am disappoint in the lack of a response, but I will try calling them next....Jay.S

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am very surprised with your no response, did you send over a weekend, I corresponded and ordered all by email sent funds electronically and received goods by airfreight all within 2-3 week period from initial contact.

Speak with Jorg or Cedric.

I found them to be very professional and prompt, we must have sent 20 emails back & forth over spec questions, ordering, freight, funds etc.

·
Registered
234 Posts
1.NEON said:
I am very surprised with your no response, did you send over a weekend, I corresponded and ordered all by email sent funds electronically and received goods by airfreight all within 2-3 week period from initial contact.

Speak with Jorg or Cedric.

I found them to be very professional and prompt, we must have sent 20 emails back & forth over spec questions, ordering, freight, funds etc.

I sent them an email on Friday Sep 16 and havent heard anything yet. ....I am going to email them again tonight. ...I hope to hear from them before the end of the week. .....Also dose anyone know if the springs are for both the front and rear? Thanks....Jay.S

·
Registered
256 Posts
TOPSUPRA said:
I sent them an email on Friday Sep 16 and havent heard anything yet. ....I am going to email them again tonight. ...I hope to hear from them before the end of the week. .....Also dose anyone know if the springs are for both the front and rear? Thanks....Jay.S
Yes, they must be front & rear to maintain balance for the car.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
I have e-mailed them and I will follow this up.

m5floyd said:

FLOYD

·
Registered
431 Posts
sent another email yesterday...and NADA!..anyone know where else to get this spoiler? 1 of their dealers? I would pay a few bucks more for some service..

FLOYD

·
Registered
234 Posts
1.NEON said:
Yes, they must be front & rear to maintain balance for the car.

I got an email response from Hartge today, and I will be ordering the spoiler kit from them. .....The reason I asked if they offered front and rear springs was due to the fact on my E39 M5 I had the H & R springs and they only offered front springs, and although I found it unusual to only install front springs the car looked great....Jay.S

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ok..I talked to Hartge today for us USA people. The cost to ship the font skirt is 175.oo EURO to from Germany to your airport. If you want both front and back the shipping is the same as the "container" can hold both. I asked about dealers here in the US, so I will advise when I have the answers.

FLOYD

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Yes, I followed that up for you floyd. Right now they are a bit undermanned, but Im perfectly sure all e-mails will be followed uo. If not, mail me and I'll follow it up.

Edit: alot of follow ups :haha:

Regarding US dealers I think any approved BMW shop could do it. Maybe Ill ask the normal install time.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Thank Gustav, I am trying to get all the parts "before" our US cars come in so I can get it to the paitshop and installed the day after I pick up the car. I have about a month at the most to get it done, so I will be placing an order today.

Thank you again for shaking the bushes.

Floyd

Gustav said:
Yes, I followed that up for you floyd. Right now they are a bit undermanned, but Im perfectly sure all e-mails will be followed uo. If not, mail me and I'll follow it up.

Edit: alot of follow ups :haha:

Regarding US dealers I think any approved BMW shop could do it. Maybe Ill ask the normal install time.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I called Hartge and they have a couple of US distributors. One in Californnia Dazz Motorsports and the other in Michigan Auto-mark. Below is their info.

http://dazzmotorsports.com/default.asp?flash=1
1350 Mountain View Circle
Azusa, California 91702
Telephone: (626) 962-0033
Fax: (626) 962-3330

http://www.auto-mark.com
Phone: 989.859.2520 (8:30am-5:30pm Monday-Friday Eastern (USA) Time)
Address:
Auto-Mark Inc.
P.O. Box 22
Midland, MI 48640-0022 USA

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
m5board.com discount (up to 7%) is only when ordering from Hartge Germany directly. However you have to adjust that for dollar and eventual custom fees for USA (if you get any).

However the M5 parts are not available in USA yet since they are brand new:

"Unfortunately there no dealers in Florida and the other is in
California, but they have no stock, as the splitter is brand new.

The fastest way is to order directly from Germany."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts