BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hartge Advise?????

I have just received delivery from Hartge my front and rear lip spolier for my E60 M5.

According to Mr Jorg of Hartge instructions on how to install lip spoliers for front and back from Hartge is not available in English as yet.

Can someone please advise me how to install front and rear lips as i dont want my panel/spray shop to make an error.Errors will cost me money

Does the lips slip on or does it have to be drilled and bolted to original bumper.

Step by step instructions will be highly appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Re: Hartge Advise?????

Sasheen said:
I have just received delivery from Hartge my front and rear lip spolier for my E60 M5.

According to Mr Jorg of Hartge instructions on how to install lip spoliers for front and back from Hartge is not available in English as yet.

Can someone please advise me how to install front and rear lips as i dont want my panel/spray shop to make an error.Errors will cost me money

Does the lips slip on or does it have to be drilled and bolted to original bumper.

Thanks
perhaps I can translate it for you?

·
Registered
83 Posts

I also have a question about Hartge and Hamann products:

Do they come painted or will I need a local paint shop? I seem to get conflicting answers about this.

·
Registered
256 Posts

Sasheen said:

Thanks
Any good panel shop should be able to do it, we could not read our instructions but it was obvious with some bolts under the front bar out of sight and the glue supplied.

My panel shop fitted it up first, removed it, sanded & prepared them, painted and then refitted. Very simple procedure for trained panelbeaters.

·
Registered
256 Posts

texas //M5 said:
I also have a question about Hartge and Hamann products:

Do they come painted or will I need a local paint shop? I seem to get conflicting answers about this.
They need a little work sanding etc and then yes they need painting in your colour. Good panel shop can fit easily, see my comments above.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for your kind assistance ,much appreciated.

·
Registered
49,476 Posts

Reply from Hartge:

"Hello M5-Board members and M5-fanatics,

All HARTGE aerodynamic parts will be delivered unpainted.

Please note that there are color nuances, especially with BMW
colors.

A color sample of the car before painting the HARTGE part should be provided by the car owner to the painter shop before the painting procedure.

A good thing to provide is the fuel filler flip lid.

Aerodynamic parts are subject to deviation caused by production, which necessitates close scrutiny of the accuracy of the fit before mounting. Touching up may be required.

Of course an installation manual in English will be included in
delivery.

All the best to you guys,

Jörg Wey
HARTGE sales departmen"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts