BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed last week onto my E60 M5 the new Hartge exhaust, export version 'oval' tips with power pipe. Much better sound now, especially at start up.
Also had my dealer install the Hartge springs at the same time, highly recommend both options.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Was your installation an easy "do it youself" bolt on job? Do you think there is a sound note difference between the round tips and the oval tips? I'm ordering a set soon and can't quite decide on which ones to get.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Very nice - welcome to the board! :byebye:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
BMV10 said:
Installed last week onto my E60 M5 the new Hartge exhaust, export version 'oval' tips with power pipe. Much better sound now, especially at start up.
Also had my dealer install the Hartge springs at the same time, highly recommend both options.
Very nice and welcome on board.. Would love to hear some video clips starting the engine/revving and drive by..

·
Registered
431 Posts
I don't want to get a Protractor out on your install but "those are oval"? What is the HP diff between the regular and Export.?

m5floyd

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Very nice! Hartge 5% rebate for m5board.com Members:

Shipping worldwide incl. USA. Installation manual is included and the parts can be installed at any dealer.

If you choose to install the kit at Hartge's facilities in Germany (Beckingen) Hartge can arrange a Hotel for you the night before and will provide you with a car during the time of conversion to see the nice countryside as they have nice wine in the region.

If you are lucky you might even can meet the founder, Mr Herbert Hartge.

Please contact Mr Jörg Wey at [email protected] or call Jörg at Hartge in Germany (speaks English).

Tel.+49 6835/506-11 * Fax +49 6835/506-17

Hartge kit on one owners Silverstone II M5 E60, click here. Interlagos Blue click here. Sepang Bronze click here, and Sapphire Black from UAE click here and one more sapphire black M5 in Luxembourg click here. For a shorter testdriove at Hartge facilities click here.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
So, that's what passes for oval these days? :p Looks nice. Based on those pics it looks like the only difference between the oval and round exhausts are the tips welded to the ends of the discharge tubes, so I wouldn't expect any power or sound differences. What are the weight savings vs. stock? Post some vids or sound clips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AbruzziBoy said:
Was your installation an easy "do it youself" bolt on job? Do you think there is a sound note difference between the round tips and the oval tips? I'm ordering a set soon and can't quite decide on which ones to get.
Dealer took a day to install the exhaust & install & setup the suspension.
You could do if mechanically minded, have great workshop & not concerned about BMW warrantee etc. I'd recomend dealer install if possible.
No difference in sound between round & oval (as pointed out by others, only slightly oval) although not straight cut like original.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
m5floyd said:
I don't want to get a Protractor out on your install but "those are oval"? What is the HP diff between the regular and Export.?

m5floyd
Very slightly oval (almost round) but I think better finish to original.
Dont think much gain in hp but seems to rev freely & no "diesel engine" sound at start up when cold.:)

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts