·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Happy New Year to all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
mine will be here in 55 minutes. happy new year as it gets to you! be safe!!!

robert

·
Registered
108 Posts
gherardini said:
mine will be here in 55 minutes. happy new year as it gets to you! be safe!!!

robert
Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our own business that we forget how priviliged we are. Just look at the people around us, or look at the poor citizens of Iraq, or our soldiers that are in harms way so far from home.

Everytime I see a post from you, I think about that. Be safe and hope you come home soon.

Ronny

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Happy New Year from Great Britain everybody!cherrsagai:cheers::happybirt

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Ronny Ghazal said:
Everytime I see a post from you, I think about that. Be safe and hope you come home soon.
Ronny
thanks ronny, those in harm's way appreciate your thoughts. for it's the guys on the streets busting down doors, taking prisoners and driving past roadside bombs every day that need all your thoughts. i travel *a lot* out here from one end of the country to the other, but usually by blackhawk helicopter and we just get shot at by idiots on the ground with machine guns. here's some battlefield math... a .50 cal beats 7.62 mm tracers.....

funny story tonight... was driving the guy i trade shifts with and two ladies home about 2 a.m. tonight after our new year's party [i'm on the midnight to noon shift through the holidays] when i got pulled over by the m.p.'s for 25 in a 15. he asks for my id and license. neaither of which i'd had, i'd left them in the office. here in iraq, not having your id is a bad thing, they *will* take you in and you have to prove you're not an insurgent [or get your id pretty quickly] i start telling him my name, ss, etc, and quickly going through my pockets, all i find is my american express card. i gave it to him to show i was actually who i said i was!! sorry, i don't have my license, but here's my amex card!!!

he wrote me up for speeding and no license but told me while he could have cuffed me and brought me down to the station, we seemed like good people [maybe it was the cute lieutenant colonel in the front seat] and he really didn't want to do the paperwork associated with taking me in. and he let me go on my merry way of dropping everyone off.

first ticket of the year, took me all of two hours!!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Ronny Ghazal said:
Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our own business that we forget how priviliged we are. Just look at the people around us, or look at the poor citizens of Iraq, or our soldiers that are in harms way so far from home.

Ronny
+1. bump Come home safe!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
gherardini said:
thanks ronny, those in harm's way appreciate your thoughts. for it's the guys on the streets busting down doors, taking prisoners and driving past roadside bombs every day that need all your thoughts. i travel *a lot* out here from one end of the country to the other, but usually by blackhawk helicopter and we just get shot at by idiots on the ground with machine guns. here's some battlefield math... a .50 cal beats a 7.62 mm tracers.....

funny story tonight... was driving the guy i trade shifts with and two ladies home about 2 a.m. tonight after our new year's party [i'm on the midnight to noon shift through the holidays] when i got pulled over by the m.p.'s for 25 in a 15. he asks for my id and license. neither of which I'd had, I'd left them in the office. here in Iraq, not having your id is a bad thing, they *will* take you in and you have to prove you're not an insurgent [or get your id pretty quickly] i start telling him my name, ss, etc, and quickly going through my pockets, all i find is my American express card. i gave it to him to show i was actually who i said i was!! sorry, i don't have my license, but here's my amex card!!!

he wrote me up for speeding and no license but told me while he could have cuffed me and brought me down to the station, we seemed like good people [maybe it was the cute lieutenant colonel in the front seat] and he really didn't want to do the paperwork associated with taking me in. and he let me go on my merry way of dropping everyone off.

first ticket of the year, took me all of two hours!!
I got pulled over last night by a Texas Department of Public Safety trooper - they are known for a no none-sense and unforgiving approach to law enforcement. Surprisingly he gave me a Warning for exceeding the speed limit of 60 mph. I was going about 70ish when my V1 went off, I had a expired insurance card and no front license plate - all of which are misdemeanors in Texas. I'm not sure why he only gave me a warning, but I did everything possible to be respectful, act very compliant and seem concerned about his safety on the side of the highway.

Happy New year to everyone on the board. Shawn :rolleyes:

·
Registered
620 Posts
fast4door said:
Aint that the truth...:thumbsup: Hey you and your crew be safe and watch your backs.. 100% SUPPORT Right here.. :cheers: Everyone have a Happy New Year ...cherrsagai cherrsagai cherrsagai
+1

two good quotes:

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless made or kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
- John Stuart Mill

"I have never advocated war except as a means of peace."
- Ulysses S. Grant

Thanks for everything

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
cherrsagaicherrsagaicherrsagaicherrsagaicherrsagaicherrsagaicherrsagaicherrsagaicherrsagaicherrsagaiHAPPY NEW YEAR. STARTED AT 11AM pst, We'll see how this goes!

·
Registered
125 Posts
BMWM5Driver said:
I got pulled over last night by a Texas Department of Public Safety trooper - they are known for a no none-sense and unforgiving approach to law enforcement. Surprisingly he gave me a Warning for exceeding the speed limit of 60 mph. I was going about 70ish when my V1 went off, I had a expired insurance card and no front license plate - all of which are misdemeanors in Texas. I'm not sure why he only gave me a warning, but I did everything possible to be respectful, act very compliant and seem concerned about his safety on the side of the highway.

Happy New year to everyone on the board. Shawn :rolleyes:
haha nice story, Happy New Years!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Happy New Years M5board! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts