BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Hankook ventus v12evo2 crazy short treadlife?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  brillson 
#1 ·
Hi folks - I just switched over to my winter tires for the season.

I had installed a new set of hankook ventus v12evo2 tires at the end of August. Shockingly my rears are worn all the way down to the wear indicators. I ran these tires for basically 9 weeks and they're shot. No track driving, not even really any kind of serious spirited driving, just my regular highway commute. I got roughly 3000 miles out of these. The fronts look basically new (because they are!), while the backs are done.

What gives? I'd previously run PSS's and they were good for 2 full summers with no issues, including a track day and plenty of tail-out fun.

I went with these hankooks to save a few bucks, and with a 340 treadware rating I figured they would last longer than the michelins.

Does this indicate some larger issue? I know the rears should wear faster but 3000 miles is obscene. At this rate brand new michelins would end up costing half as much.

Any ideas?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.