BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have them? How do they compare to others.. I want something lower than the Eibachs, Higher than than the H&Rs..

Hamann
Front drop 1.18 In, Rear 1 in..

Any specs on

Hartge Drop?

Rdsport Drop?

Im not interested in the HR or Eibach

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Im not interested in the HR or Eibach
Just so you know, Eibach makes the springs for Hamman and Hartge. Hamman and Hartge just jack up the price and put their name on them.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just so you know, Eibach makes the springs for Hamman and Hartge. Hamman and Hartge just jack up the price and put their name on them.

That may be true but the ride drop is different between the 3..

Ive chosen the Hartge because it gives an Equal Drop all around which will help maintain the factory designed geometry IMO..

·
Registered
637 Posts
Just installed the Hartge springs to replace the Dinan springs over the weekend. The drop is much better and the ride is more compliant IMO as well. I would definitely recommend Hartge springs! Thanks Cosmos!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Just installed the Hartge springs to replace the Dinan springs over the weekend. The drop is much better and the ride is more compliant IMO as well. I would definitely recommend Hartge springs! Thanks Cosmos!

does the EDC still work with hartge springs

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hartges site says "30mm lower" which is 1.8in lower... but i dunno how precise that is, i would call them up to see is it both front and rear or just front or what?

Eibach is 1in front and .6 in rear

Hamann says the same thing as hartge "lowering apprx 30mm"

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Hartges site says "30mm lower" which is 1.8in lower... but i dunno how precise that is, i would call them up to see is it both front and rear or just front or what?

Interesting. I'll look into the differences a bit more. I do know for a fact that Hartge used Eibach as the manufacturer. When I called them and asked them, they said yes. Maybe it's a custom rate or length. I'll call Eibach today and ask them.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Actually thats 1.18 Inches Not 1.8.. Big difference..

Hartge drop is inbetween Eibach and HR and are equal all around.. Sounds perfect to me.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I spoke with Eibach here in Germany just moments ago. The springs they sell to Hartge are a length and rate specified by Hartge and not necessarily the same length and rate that the Eibach Pro Kit supplies. They would not tell me the lengths and rates that Hartge uses, but it might be the same as their Pro Kit. I guess that's what you're paying for (a percentage for the Hartge name and the custom rate and length if that is the difference). I can confirm that Eibach is the manufacturer of both Hartge's and Hamman's springs.

Reactions: Bimmerracer7080
1 - 10 of 10 Posts